Help with wheel and spacer choice

hotcobra03

Established Member
Wanting to buy sve cobra replica

17x10.5

Seen many threads with no spacer or must have spacer..

Than oem svt cap fits these and not these..

I had just gotten the new nittos nt555g2 315 35 17.

Anyone using this wheel that can chime in..

Lmr has these..

Mm had spacers..

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The original svt cap will not fit the sve wheels. I just dumped a set, but they were 17x9 and got AFS 10.5 for the back on 315's. I have spacers and I hate how far they stick out. I got the MM low profile IRS bolts. Going to remove spacers and install the bolts to suck the rear tires in a bit.

hotcobra03

Established Member
The original svt cap will not fit the sve wheels. I just dumped a set, but they were 17x9 and got AFS 10.5 for the back on 315's. I have spacers and I hate how far they stick out. I got the MM low profile IRS bolts. Going to remove spacers and install the bolts to suck the rear tires in a bit.

R15393

Established Member
Late model restoration has the 10. 5 and the caps fit. But they slightly stick out just barely where your front will be slightly sunk in. It's not a big deal or noticeable much. And grab the lethal performance 5/8 hub centric spacers. But you need to address the lug stud issue. I have used both, the extended lugs nuts and arp lugs studs. The studs are the best way to go. And the American muscle rims, the center caps won't fit either.

R15393

Established Member
P. S.....you might have to grind down the IRS bolts. But buying low profile studs aren't a must. Put wheel and tire on and look at the bolt. Grind if necessary. You might not have to at all or just a lil.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I'm running wheel replicas 10.5-17s. The centercaps go on the wheel,but don't fit into the recesses like they do on my stock fronts. Wheel spacers vary on these cars wildly. I have a 1/4" on the drivers side and nothing on the pass.side. I bought the low profile bolts (they are inexpensive). I found the IRS subframe is the spot to look at for your clearance issues and then only when the car is jacked up. After doing it I can see that if your lowering your car you probably need less spacing maybe none.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Late model restoration has the 10. 5 and the caps fit. But they slightly stick out just barely where your front will be slightly sunk in. It's not a big deal or noticeable much. And grab the lethal performance 5/8 hub centric spacers. But you need to address the lug stud issue. I have used both, the extended lugs nuts and arp lugs studs. The studs are the best way to go. And the American muscle rims, the center caps won't fit either.
Lmr was site I'm about to click to buy..

17x10.5
I'm running wheel replicas 10.5-17s. The centercaps go on the wheel,but don't fit into the recesses like they do on my stock fronts. Wheel spacers vary on these cars wildly. I have a 1/4" on the drivers side and nothing on the pass.side. I bought the low profile bolts (they are inexpensive). I found the IRS subframe is the spot to look at for your clearance issues and then only when the car is jacked up. After doing it I can see that if your lowering your car you probably need less spacing maybe none.

I just went and looked at mine..

With 315s on stock wheel..

Drivers side has an inch of space from sub frame if it was to come straight down..

Passenger is closer to 1/4..

Both having plenty of space from bolt..

I would just grind bolt if I need to..

RichM1983

Established Member
Here is what I have on the rear. I do believe its 1". I have heard negative reviews of it being dangerous. I hope I don't regret it.
IMG_6291_600x600_zpsmhl86nst.jpg

Before:
IMG_6289_800x600_zpsmergxiuq.jpg

After:
IMG_6292_600x600_zps4phycz4c.jpg

The look... I am on stock springs with all iso's. I drag in my gravel driveway if I go any lower. lol
0D144CB2-E473-4CDF-A9CC-E869D57FAA61_zps3kk1load.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6291_600x600_zpsmhl86nst.jpg
    IMG_6291_600x600_zpsmhl86nst.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6289_800x600_zpsmergxiuq.jpg
    IMG_6289_800x600_zpsmergxiuq.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6292_600x600_zps4phycz4c.jpg
    IMG_6292_600x600_zps4phycz4c.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 0D144CB2-E473-4CDF-A9CC-E869D57FAA61_zps3kk1load.jpg
    0D144CB2-E473-4CDF-A9CC-E869D57FAA61_zps3kk1load.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 37

RichM1983

Established Member
I just went back up top and see your going 10.5...so nothing I posted helps you in the least lol

Sorry

hotcobra03

Established Member
Thanks all that replied..

I went with them and just had them mounted..

Oem cap fit

And both wheels fits without spacer and not touching irs bolt..

Will try to post pics..

TP03

Established Member

Interesting, I'm also running a 1/4" spacer on driver side only with 17" - 315 NT-05's.

Thanks all that replied..

I went with them and just had them mounted..

Oem cap fit

And both wheels fits without spacer and not touching irs bolt..

Will try to post pics..

Good to know OP thanks for the update!

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Surprised the oem caps fit, good deal. I removed my spacers and installed the low profile bolts last weekend. The bolts only seemed to be an issue when the car was on jack stands. The clearance is close but nothing touches. Glad it worked out.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Interesting, I'm also running a 1/4" spacer on driver side only with 17" - 315 NT-05's.

Did you have to get a hub centric spacer or was there still enough flange to center the rim?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

TP03

Established Member
Did you have to get a hub centric spacer or was there still enough flange to center the rim?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I didn't use a hub centric spacer. I was worried about centering but I believe (didn't actually measure) the flange has just enough length to center the rim. No wobble or vibration.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member

I've owned the car since January and haven't had it aligned. I know the original owner didn't and it needs it do to its steering and acting just like the Ford tsb. Have you done yours? I'm wondering if the 4 wheel alignment will even out the rears

Users who are viewing this thread