Help with verifying correct suspension setup

D1984

Whining
Established Member
275/35/20 and 245/40/20 are going to be a better match for your wheel width and keeps the diameter within .1" difference front to back. I really can't recommend the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 K120s highly enough. They are hands down the best tires I've ever driven on in my life that have decent treadwear. Dry lateral grip far exceeds the BF Goodrich G-force sport comp 2s I had before, and they ride smoother and have lasted much longer so far and are cheaper. Really amazing tires for the money. I had some Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires which actually got me my best 60ft times and were almost as good as the Hankooks in corners, but cold weather grip was downright dangerous

Here's your sizes on Discount Tire

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/hankook-ventus-v12-evo2-k120/p/19936

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/hankook-ventus-v12-evo2-k120/p/19916

D1984

Whining
Established Member
LMAO, first review on there has me laughing

"I purchased these tires to replace the factory tires at 26K miles. I didn't notice that the sidewalls were different than my other cars, then came the curb rash. I had the wheel repaired and a week later another curb rash, and then a third. I have never damaged a wheel and have owned many cars with low profile tires. The wheel man pointed out that these tires do not have a sidewall that protects the wheel as my other cars. As you look down the side of the car you can see the wheel lip protrudes past any part of the tire. I am going to have to replace these and they only have 3K miles. It will be cheaper than wheel repair. I have owned many cars and have never damaged a wheel including this car with factory tires. This is horrible design, be warned."

So this guy is mad because he constantly grinds his wheels along the curb like an idiot. Some people...

8ballBooker

Established Member
275/35/20 and 245/40/20 are going to be a better match for your wheel width and keeps the diameter within .1" difference front to back. I really can't recommend the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 K120s highly enough. They are hands down the best tires I've ever driven on in my life that have decent treadwear. Dry lateral grip far exceeds the BF Goodrich G-force sport comp 2s I had before, and they ride smoother and have lasted much longer so far and are cheaper. Really amazing tires for the money. I had some Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires which actually got me my best 60ft times and were almost as good as the Hankooks in corners, but cold weather grip was downright dangerous

Here's your sizes on Discount Tire

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/hankook-ventus-v12-evo2-k120/p/19936

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/hankook-ventus-v12-evo2-k120/p/19916
I think im going to go with that set up. I would prefer wider, but im not in a position to drop like $900 on tires. Im gonna assume ill be closer to the ground, but may have a bit more in wheel gap. The 1-1.2" drop should still get rid of the 4x4 look.

Im also going to consider the sumitomos. I never really thought about them because I mever heard of them. I priced them out to about $580! With my driving, it may not even make a difference and I could get better rubber next time around. Big fan of hankooks, I had dynopros on one of our vehicles and loved them. At this point, im trying to knock off as much of the "to do" list now before I have a wife that I have to convince.

Oh yeah, I curbed the rims on my old GSR. Never blamed the tires, lol.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

8ballBooker

Established Member
Just an update. I bought a j&m adjustable panhaed bar from lmr.

And,

J&m camber plates from AM, lol. I had a 15% code and a $5 credit. I figured for a smidgen over $200, worth it since I have no idea the condition of the factory mounts, I can diffenetely get the camber right, and Ill be able to hit corners with more confidence in the event I get a chance.

Thanks for the help guys, looks like I'm good to go.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread