Help with tires 315/35/18 Falken Azenis

georgost

Established Member
Hey guys need some advice. Just bought an '03 Cobra vert. Car currently has a set of XXR 526 18x10.5" rims on it with +20mm offset. It also has cut stock springs.

I will be replacing the springs with H&R race springs (for coupe) and will install the MM low profile IRS bolts. Want to put a set of Falken Azenis 315/35/18 tires out back and wondering if anyone has any idea on whether I will run into fitment issues. Car has 295s on there now. Previous owner said he had some kind of 305 drag radial on the car previosuly and it was rubbing.....that was with the cut springs and before the low profile IRS bolts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
My set up is H&R Sport Springs with 18x10.5 (+27mm offset) rims... Tires I just put on are Toyo R888's (315/30/18)... I also have a 3/8" spacers and rolled fenders and the low profile bolts. You can see from the pic that there is about a 1/4" gap between the tire and the low profile bolt head. Not sure if this helps.

My thought is that you will be just touching the bolt with your side wall, with your suspension fully hanging... that's if you have the same spacers as me... and the tire width isn't too different from mine... even though they are 315s they can still vary a bit in width.

Not sure how you will do with your fender... best thing to do is get it all assembled and see if you need rolled fenders or different sized spacer...

tire gap 2.jpg

Last edited:

georgost

Established Member
Wow, not much room there at all. You are a +27mm offset, so your rims are already pushed further to the fender....Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Previous owner told me teh fenders are rolled

Bigggy

Established Member
First of all, good tire size would be 315/30/18. I run exactly that with 18x10.5 ET+22 ( I ran both that setup AND + 20mm spacer) Rear fenders are rolled and I still have a bit of rubbing with the spacers. With only the wheel you should be fine with the low profile bolts. My honest opinion on these tire is that they are to pricey for the grip they provide. Don't get me wrong they're good, but for that price? Almost double as BFG KDW in 295 that almost had the same grip. I would have rather go with R888 but they were BO when I needed tires.

georgost

Established Member
Thanks, I am getting a deal on the tires. Brand new never mounted for $500 (for both)..if not would have just went with a set of MM ET Streets in 305.

Users who are viewing this thread