Help with SRA swap

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Swapping out my IRS with a 99 GT SRA. Looking for feedback on my plan and any tips to make it go smoother also please chime in if there is any pieces that I’m forgetting.
So the plan is to drop the IRS, re use my rotors and calipers I don’t think I have to unhook the brake lines. Swap out the pinion flanges so I can use my driveshaft. As for the SRA install my pinion flange rotors and calipers and then instal I have the control arms bolts not sure if the GT abs brackets/sensors will work or if I have to get some from a Mach 1. For shocks and springs I will be using a Vikings coil over kit and UPR upper and lower control arms. Please anyone with experience in this let me know if I’m missing anything. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Soap

Established Member
You will need Mach 1 axle brackets on the GT axle in order to use Cobra/Mach 1 brakes.........Ford does not make them anymore but I have a set if you need them. Brake lines are fine since you don't even disconnect them from your calipers. GT ABS sensors will work fine. You need a different catback and exhaust hangers too.

As for the pinion flange you can't just bolt it up to the new axle, you need a new crush sleeve (or better yet a solid pinion spacer) in order to set the correct preload on the pinion bearing. I have both of those if you need them too.

Send me a PM if you are interested in the brackets/hardware or pinion spacer/crush sleeve.

--Joe

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
If you go through with all of the above, then you might as well gut the housing and powdercoat it. You’re only going to have it out once hopefully.
I’ve had mine apart so many times from swapping parts and putting gears in it’s hard to draw the line on how far you want to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread