Help with SN95 wiring harness!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Going to try and make this as short as possible, basically Im looking for a reputable place that'll make an entire new harness for a SN95. Id like to remove 100% of the factory harness, and have one built. Im going with a big CI windsor with a carb setup, and really only want to have the bare essentials to make the car run, and keep it road(ish) legal (lights, signals etc). Anyone have experience with this first hand, or will Painless make a bare bones setup like this? Im mechanically inclined, but retarded when it comes to wiring..just not my gig lol. Thanks for any help fellas! :beer:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I think you're better off keeping the factory fusebox and harness, and slicing up the engine harness.

Here's the wire tuck I just did.. If I were carbed, I could remove a TON more off the engine obviously. I still may reroute the alternator wires out the back of the intake instead of across the engine over into the fenderwell..

Wired_3 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Wired_2 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

MOTOR DOnE by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I think you're better off keeping the factory fusebox and harness, and slicing up the engine harness.

Here's the wire tuck I just did.. If I were carbed, I could remove a TON more off the engine obviously. I still may reroute the alternator wires out the back of the intake instead of across the engine over into the fenderwell..

Looks good man! I started doing a wire tuck myself, but decided to ditch the EFI so its back to square one. The only thing I worry about with hacking the factory harness is the inevitable, which is cutting one wrong wire that'll forever dick up the entire harness and the car will never run right lol. Although I may give it a shot if I can dig up an old harness diagram and just go through the entire thing.

Users who are viewing this thread