Help with procharger set up

fst86410

Established Member
Well i leaned on the f1a pretty hard and knocked a bearing out of it which in turn took out the impeller. The cost to rebuild was just a couple hundred shy of the cost of a f1a-94 so I went that route. Cleaned all the debris out of the intercooler, had to rebuild the blow off valve too and installed the new blower. Go out for a ride just watching all the gauges and lean on it a little goes up to 10lbs of boost and feels like it hits a wall and the car noses over. Check the codes and find P0190, checked the psi the FPRS is showing and it matches the mechanical gauge on the regulator, no raw fuel in the vacuum line but it does have an odor of fuel. Was just going to change the sensor but it seems like it is working correctly? If the weather gets better I’ll try to log a pull and see if the fuel is dropping off. Just thought I’d ask you guys your opinion. Thanks

Blackedout

Established Member
How much boost were you seeing before ? What rpm’s does it feel like it’s hitting the wall ?

fst86410

Established Member
Normal boost is 20ish depending on belt condition. Car has a 5k stall converter so it jumps up to there pretty fast but seems like once the load catches up to it rpms build way slower than normal. Thinking maybe one of my pumps went bad and it is circulating the pressure backwards through it and not to the rails? just really weird it happened the same time as the blower eating its self.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are you sure nothing made it past the intercooler? Have you checked your COPs and plugs? Since you're return style I wouldn't think the FRPS throwing a code would affect anything. As long as the pressure is going up like it should.

Blackedout

Established Member
A bad fuel pump you should see the pressure drop off under boost running out of fuel... I would check the blow-off .... big red ? Open style ? If so make sure the snap-Ring is in place and the valve disk is not sitting on it not letting it close all the way (I had this issue)..

fst86410

Established Member
Haven't logged a drive yet, the weather turned to crap this week here. Pulled the plugs, all look good. Next time I drive it I will log to see what the fuel pressure does. The blow off is a Mondo blow off valve. I did rebuild it and set it to start opening at 5inHg. Been thinking about sending the injector in to get cleaned and flowed so I'll probably do that. I'll pull the intercooler off and check it and the mass air...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I tried running AEM 320's in my returnless set up and they didn't like that. Eventually the car started "hitting a wall" under boost. I was able to watch the fuel pressure on my Aeroforce and it would drop to 0 pretty quick. I don't know which pump died, but once I replaced them all was good again.

Users who are viewing this thread