help with pivot ball,throwout bearing clutch fork

98termiswap

Established Member
Ok so put new spec stage 3 plus in the car, pivot ball was guessed as i didnt know what the requrements of length are with my adjustible ball, put everything back together and there is zero play in the clutch fork, throwout bearing is putting a little pressure on the pressure plate, is this normal for some people, or do i need to adjust the pivot ball in ?

Attachments

• clutch fork.jpg
    clutch fork.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 144

MG0h3

Established Member
Adjusting the pivot ball will change your engagement point in relation to pedal throw.

Adj the cable for TOB preload: bearing should be spinning at all times. I set mine so that if I manually push the fork away from the PP, bearing stops. If I release the fork moves back forward enough to have the bearing spinning. I’m only using a finger or two so the TOB has very light constant pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98termiswap

Established Member
i have no play i cant even move my fork back its wedged on the fingers pretty good when i bolt trans down so im guessing i need to move the pivot ball in some so i have more room

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve never heard of the need to shorten the ball with the spec. Only RXT. Even then it isn’t mandatory.

And why can’t you move the fork back/away? Unless it’s hitting the face of the trans case.

Most will tell you to ditch that adj cable and run a factory one with whatever firewall adjuster you have.

98termiswap

Established Member
I’ve never heard of the need to shorten the ball with the spec. Only RXT. Even then it isn’t mandatory.

And why can’t you move the fork back/away? Unless it’s hitting the face of the trans case.

Most will tell you to ditch that adj cable and run a factory one with whatever firewall adjuster you have.

if the pivot ball is too far out it wont come back far enough

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Get a stock replacement pivot ball. You don't need an adjustable one with a single disc clutch.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Just ran into this same issue on my buddies car with a brand new magnum, McLeod pressure plate, fork and a spec 3+. Ended up getting an adjustable pivot ball and grinding on the fork to get it to work.

Someone changed something because I have the same setup in my car without any modifications. Stock pivot ball and all. Not sure if it was Spec or the magnum. Sounds like Spec changed something.

Users who are viewing this thread