Help with more HP issue,

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Im fairly new to the cobra scene and I own a 03 Cobra and would like to get it up to the 600HP mark. I currently have a Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri ax, Adjustable clutch, magnaflow cat back. Im guessing im around 410hp, I would like to keep the eaton on and port it, the elbow and the t/b. If anyone has any ideas to get more for my buck and it be good just PM me if you wouldnt mind. Like i said im fairly new and dont have to great of an idea of whats the best to do out there. Hit me up!

DrZacharyus

Banned
Kenne Belle or Whipple is the only way w/o nitrous to reach 600whp, the ported stock blowers are limited in the 500's. you could use a ported blower and a 75 shot and be near 700 i think :shrug:

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Well heres what i was planning to do, tell me what you think;

Port blower, elbow and T/B
Headers
X-pipe
MAF
2.8 pulley
beefed cams and heads?
Tuner or chip
50 shot dry

I already have intake, magnaflow c/b and steeda shifter and clutch. I also have a set of Nitto 555R Drag radials

ANything else?

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
BlkSVTCobra said:
What can i get with all of these mods?

I bet you can get close!
The 2.8 and a tune is around 450rwhp.
Cams can add 30-50.
head not sure but say 20hp.
50 shot can actually give you a bigger hp number than 50hp and the torque may get near 700lbs/ft!
You will need your fuel and MAF system addressed regardless of the route you go.

But unless you do the install yourself you can get the Whipple, new injectors, KB BAP, MAF X-Tender, and a tune and be right there for a better price.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
tru, I figured just the tune, pulley and headers could put me mid 400's plus the port job and some other minor stuff and a 50 shot, well into the 500's

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Your most likely higher than 410 hp seeign as how stock terminators make in the 410-425 hp range bone stock. IF you want 600 Flywheel hp, you need this in addition to the mods you have. A mid-pipe, a 2.80 blower pulley, w/tune, and to get your blower ported (apten, etc.) you should be in the 500 Rwhp range.. maybe higher, maybe a tad lower.

600 hp - 17% hp loss through the driveline is 498 rwhp. D othe mods I listed, you will be there no problem.

addicted2boost

Established Member
BlkSVTCobra said:
Port blower, elbow and T/B
Headers
X-pipe
MAF
2.8 pulley
beefed cams and heads?
Tuner or chip
50 shot dry

I already have intake, magnaflow c/b and steeda shifter and clutch. I also have a set of Nitto 555R Drag radials

ANything else?

I doubt that your stock half-shafts will handle 600rwhp for very long. I would go with the DSS level 5's if you can afford it. It would also be a good idea for you to put a billetflow irs brace on your diff to prevent blowing it apart with all that power.

Also heads don't seem to be a necessary mod for the number you want. The stock heads flow so well that you will have a hard time finding aftermarket replacements. If you really want to go all out for power you can have your stock heads ported as POSTBAN did.

Cams are helpful but are not necessary for 600 rwhp. Most people do cams after the addition of an aftermarket blower. I will wait on the ported heads and beefy cams until I have to tear into the motor for a rebuild.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
The headers are a waste of money for power. Use that money towards another blower. Headers sound great...but you will realize very little gain in power...especially for what you will spend on them.

Fast Willy

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
Kenne Belle or Whipple is the only way w/o nitrous to reach 600whp, the ported stock blowers are limited in the 500's. you could use a ported blower and a 75 shot and be near 700 i think :shrug:

Well said lol.

Users who are viewing this thread