Help with KB 2.2

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
*also posted in KB section*

Just received my KB 2.2 back from a second rebuild. When I spin the pulley, I can hear a rubbing noise coming from the rotors. Is this something to be worried about? It did this before (after the first rebuild), and I sent it back in to KB for inspection. They rebuilt it (Thanks KB! :beer:) and just sent it back to me again and the same noise is there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You may need to turn the sound up... Its pretty quiet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfRYP6bedNY&feature=channel]YouTube - KB noises after second rebuild[/ame]

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Definitely call KB about it on Monday. Needless to say, don't put it on. I'm surprised they didn't fix that stuff before sending it back to you. Post up what they say when they hear/see this video. I'm curious to hear their response. Good luck, man. Sorry to hear the bad news.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
That doesnt sound normal... Hopefully KB can fix it again, or maybe it is normal and just needs to be "warn in" a little.

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Just got the unit back from KB, and they said that all was well. They spun it and ran it through all the tests and its good to go.

Time to get it bolted on tonight and let the games begin!

VNM281

Established Member
Please post your results, as I'm curious to hear the outcome on this...

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Will do. It still sounds like a quiet centri when I fired it up. So far drivability is fine so far, but no WOT runs yet.

Users who are viewing this thread