Help With Hobbs Switch Install

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Hello All, looking to install a hobbs switch on my return setup to stage one of my 465 pumps, however I am not quite sure where to plumb into my wires that control my pumps. I understand the pressure part and how to tee into my boost wiring behind the glove box. However, I have the lethal wiring kit for a return system. Does it matter which pump I stage, I assume it doesn't? For the wiring on the hobbs switch, I assume one goes to ground and the other goes to power. So my second question is where do I splice in at? Before the relay or after, before the fuse or after? My thoughts are to splice in before the fuse and relay (to the red power wire) so the switch gives it power when it sees boost. The way its wired now is both pumps run full time with key on. If this isn't right can someone correct me or confirm it is correct.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zX4DuXotkp3bDujK7

Quick Strike

Established Member
The Hobbs generally acts as a break in the ground or power on the switch side of the relay. The hobbs completes the circuit under boost allowing the relay to provide power to the designated pump.

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
I am so glad you posted that, I remember reading that a while back from one of your posts. I will definitely be adding that. I agree much better to have it kick on, stay on and then turn off. Versus on/off consistently as you tip into boost.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread