help with coupe

sandstang87

i recently installed holley systemax intake 75tb 76 mass air 30lb injectors and twisted wedge heads. it ran fine for 1 week and then started to pop when you get on it. do i need to go back over the rockers and check adjustment?

WillyB93

Established Member
Have you changed the fuel pressure regulator as well??? You may have to upgrade that!!!

sandstang87

just checked the timing 13 degrees ,fuel pressure regulator is a bbk and set at 42psi. it runs fine under normal driving

spdtrip

Established Member
Did you check for codes? What do you have done to the ignition?

4valvemach

Established Member
You had no problems before you put the new parts on correct?

Have you gone back over your vacuum lines under the intake and such?
Does the fuel pressure drop off at high rpms?
How do the plugs look what color?

Este Malakes

Established Member
I would check the ignition first and then pull the plugs out and look at them
to see if any are fouled.Then check to see if any rocker arms came loose.Listen also if you have a valve tap.And look for vaccum leaks.Spray carb cleaner around the intake and see if the rpms change .
To me it sounds like a bad mass air flow sensor, or loose intake hose, or it maybe contaminated by oil from the air filter.:burnout:

lone sailor

Established Member
What's the complete combo? Seems like a lot of injector if it's just an N/A H/C/I car.

I would keep checking for vacuum leaks.

Last edited:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i think it has way to much fuel pressure for one. is it a 331 or 347? if so turn the fuel pressure down to 38psi with the vac line off the regulator. also check the rockers again. mine started popping and breaking up and one of the adjustment nuts backed all the way off, relashed all the valves and it was fine

Last edited:

sandstang87

thanks guys for all the suggestions im gonna try the starting fluid the reason for the big injectors is i have a blower i need to put on i pulled plugs and they were fine i checked the tps sensor and it looked chewed up on the inside

Users who are viewing this thread