Help with a tune

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Checking the tune by looking at the datalog (mainly air fuel and timing) and verifying it’s making the expected power with trap speed.
I would swap in the 170 T-stat.
-J

Dragfan

Established Member
Checking the tune by looking at the datalog (mainly air fuel and timing) and verifying it’s making the expected power with trap speed.
I would swap in the 170 T-stat.
-J
Got it, that will give me something to do.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info, just what I needed, great forum. Also spoke with BJ MCcarty, he was a great help also. I think you've got me on the right path.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Got it, that will give me something to do.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info, just what I needed, great forum. Also spoke with BJ MCcarty, he was a great help also. I think you've got me on the right path.
Happy to hear you got in touch with BJ, he's one of the best GT500 remote tuners.

Dragfan

Established Member
I'm going to do a update on my SCTx4, and it says to return it to the stock tune before I do my update. Question after the update, will the custom tune be gone? Or i'm I suppose to safe it somehow? Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'm going to do a update on my SCTx4, and it says to return it to the stock tune before I do my update. Question after the update, will the custom tune be gone? Or i'm I suppose to safe it somehow? Thanks
It'll still be there

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I heard SCT took away allowance for some tuners to make changes to our SCT X4 . Hope Not!
If you do the TB/Plenum swap at home then drive it to the shop...why bother to do a redline vitals check on the old tune? They'll start with a base tune and you'll drive home happy for about $500.
Tuned CFM 67 TB & O-Sized plenum should be good for 20-30rwhp but also a nicer power curve. O-Sized plenums claim 10-15hp when port matched. At home it's a 20 minute Dremel job to slightly port match side edges of the SC opening. With plenum mocked up use a Sharpee to define the difference then check smoothened transition with your fingers as you move along. * Be sure to pack the SC opening with a towel before porting! Shop vac does the clean up outside when done.
My 2.4 upper had some belt slippage instantly solved with a Metco pulley . Also, tuner should be able to compliment the 170* stat with a lower Fan On setting.

Last edited:

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I will also recommend BJ from venomous tuning. He brought back my car to life and I now enjoy it every time I get behind the wheel.

Dragfan

Established Member
I heard SCT took away allowance for some tuners to make changes to our SCT X4 . Hope Not!
If you do the TB/Plenum swap at home then drive it to the shop...why bother to do a redline vitals check on the old tune? They'll start with a base tune and you'll drive home happy for about $500.
Tuned CFM 67 TB & O-Sized plenum should be good for 20-30rwhp but also a nicer power curve. O-Sized plenums claim 10-15hp when port matched. At home it's a 20 minute Dremel job to slightly port match side edges of the SC opening. With plenum mocked up use a Sharpee to define the difference then check smoothened transition with your fingers as you move along. * Be sure to pack the SC opening with a towel before porting! Shop vac does the clean up outside when done.
My 2.4 upper had some belt slippage instantly solved with a Metco pulley . Also, tuner should be able to compliment the 170* stat with a lower Fan On setting.
Good info, makes sense. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread