Help... Will this work..

03roushstage1

Established Member
Ok guys I just bought a dss 4.6 supermod long block with stag 3 ported heads valve job etc. but it has a crower stage 3 blower cam with crower springs n retainers. But I plan on going turbo. My question is will the springs n retainers work with a mmr turbo cam? Also is the cam a good cam to go with my goals are 6 to 700 rwhp

03roushstage1

Established Member
Motor specs

DSS Super MOD - $3,000 obo
-21cc Pro-Lite pistons
Level 10 Race Prepped block
4340 Forged 5.933" H-beam Rods
Forged Cobra crank 3.543" stroke
billet aluminum main support sytem
Arp main Studs
MMR 7 qt oil pan
Cobra oil pump
PI 2V head with a stage 3 porting
Stainless Steel 1mm oversized valves
Crower high lift valve spring
Crower titanium retainers
Crower stage 3 blower cams
Arp head studs
Trick Flow valve covers

JP_Stang

Established Member
I personally wouldn't use blower cams with a turbo setup because the cam specs are all wrong. It will hurt spool time and power. If you have the money to invest in the turbo cams, go ahead and do it and then sell the blower cams. I would think that the crower springs will be just fine.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
You just bought the motor so I'd say spend the money to get them swapped now while you still can. Those blower cams will cause issues with spool time and if you change them now you'll end up with more power and an all around better turbo setup in the end.

coposrv

Established Member
You just bought the motor so I'd say spend the money to get them swapped now while you still can. Those blower cams will cause issues with spool time and if you change them now you'll end up with more power and an all around better turbo setup in the end.

Yep. Even stock cams could work better than those.

brandont70

No Money
Established Member
MMR makes good turbo cams. Just about any big name shop can custom grind you a set specific to your set up. MMR, Comp, Crower, ect.

Users who are viewing this thread