** Help wanted- Asst. delivery manager, delivery, and sales positions- Columbia, MD.

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
** Help wanted- Asst. delivery manager, delivery, and sales positions- Columbia, MD.
Basic details of these positions:

1) Asst. delivery manager- general work week of Tuesday through Saturday 12:30pm to 9pm... later if needed, earlier if needed. Some days finish earlier than 9pm and the hours can be made up coming in earlier on other days- i.e. if you want 40 hours they are there to get. This position helps me supervise approximately 17-20 delivery and furniture tech personnel. Can alternate shifts with me. Both males and females are encouraged to apply. This is primarily an office based position communicating throughout each day via email and phone with people throughout our company. $25-30k/yr wages with maybe a little more for the right person. This person should be promoted to my position- I have not been able to accept 2 promotions over the past year due to not having an suitable person lined up to replace me.

2) Delivery drivers and helpers to deliver and install furnishings to homes. Work Tuesday through Saturday (and one Monday every 3-4 months) 7am until the route is finished. Our guys average working about 43 hours each week. Drivers earn $52k/yr and helpers around $35-40k/yr. Drivers and helpers usually pull another $6k/yr in tips. This is hard work- heavy furniture, hot summers, cold winters, difficult delivery situations, and some days can be long.

3) Sales positions are available both at the Columbia, MD and Bowie, MD stores. This is a commission based full time position. There are several salespeople earning $100k+ each year. One of these salespeople has earned $200k+ each of the past 3+ years. We are also looking to fill sales positions in the Rockville store that will be opening approximately on Labor Day.

Our company has been in business over 120 years and has nearly 130 stores. We have a stable, healthy, and growing company. We offer excellent benefits.

Contact me if you have further questions about any of the above available positions-

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
procs2v said:
What is type of store is it. I am a motorcycle sales manager now and maybe looking for a change.

Call me anytime that is good for you and I can give you the full details. The Bowie store is a reasonable distance to you and I think they may have one of the sales manager positions open as well as looking to fill some sales positions. There are several salespeople on the Bowie floor earning good wages. My number is 443-458-2493 (cell) and I can be reached anytime 8am to 9pm.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Harry.

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Well, might be terminating my Asst. Manager over the next couple days... knew this was coming which is why I posted that I would be looking for someone to fill the position.

Am looking for an Asst. Manager, delivery drivers and helpers, and salespeople.

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
All positions are available. Unfortunately had to terminate my Asst. Manager yesterday afternoon. Definitely looking to fill that position so that I don't end up working 70-80 weeks week after week....

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Ok- this is now officially the, "I am tired of working 80 hour weeks and really would be happy if someone would come help manage our delivery service with me" thread.

No prior experience is needed- can you email? Can you talk on a phone? Can you count? If you answered "yes" to each of those 3 questions- you're hired! Heck- even if you didn't answer yes to any of those... I believe that so long as you have a pulse, I could still hire you and edumakate you how a phone works, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread