help...PLEASE!!!

95lightning

Established Member
well, a couple of days ago i was driving and all of a sudden my truck just stalled adn i was like "what the hell is this". so i start it back up and i happened again. so i finally i get it started and get back home and it starts reving really high when i put it in park. so i think that either it is my fuel pump or clogged lines. so i buy some stp fuel cleaner. and for a little while it is fine, then it start again. so i take it to world ford and they are like oh it is no biggy. so i am like ok that is good. i get out of school and i go to pick it up...and the guy says he needs to replace 3 of my fuel censors...at least that is what i think he said. well my question is why would this happen cause they had no clue? and is there any possible way of me fixing it myself cause he wants to charge me $1,100 for it...and i doubt i will beable to do it myself...thanks a lot guys :mj:

REDnBLUEs

Established Member
:sleeping: Are you sure that is what he said? I'm not sure what you mean by fuel sensors. (maybe fuel switches - i.e. tank switches?)

95lightning

Established Member
yeah i am sue it wasn't the fuel switches...but i ended up taking it to a friend of my parents and he said that the throttle was clogged and it ended up costing 73. the guy says they normally tell you to throw them away but he just cleans them and they work just as good. and he doesn't have any problems so. thanks anyway.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 95lightning
yeah i am sue it wasn't the fuel switches...but i ended up taking it to a friend of my parents and he said that the throttle was clogged and it ended up costing 73. the guy says they normally tell you to throw them away but he just cleans them and they work just as good. and he doesn't have any problems so. thanks anyway.

'95 sorry for not getting into this earlier.... should be able to clean it, just make sure you remeber how you took it apart is all.......

-Zach

95lightning

Established Member
no i all ready got it all cleaned out and the guy says if i keep on having to clean it like every couple of months then...to get a new throttle...but thanks guys. the guy said that he ran some tests and and three codes came up and they were for my sensors and that i needed to replace them. sorry i can't be more descriptive but all the thinks he said was just like gibberish...but thanks for the help.:D

95lightning

Established Member
oh the guy who ran the tests was from world ford. and my parents friend said he ran the same tests and nothing came up at all. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread