help please!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Here is my problem, took my car today to get tuned and nothning but problems! :mj: We put on the 2.8 non-slip pulley and the 100mm idler plus it has whats in my sig, it dynoed at 418 to the wheels???WTF! I sould be some where around 450-460 range. My car just hit 1100 miles and at first he thought that the computer in the car was in safe mode. He said he would advance the timing and the the computer was putting it back to stock?? And then he told me that it might have something to do with the JLT cai. I dont know what to do does anybody have any kind of ideals opf what could be going on? And the A/F is perfect!

thanks,
david

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
ummm who tuned it? does these guys tune Cobra or even know these cars that well? find another tuner!

edit: also, what type of dyno did you get on?

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
ummm who tuned it? does these guys tune Cobra or even know these cars that well? find another tuner!

These guys are awsome He has tunned alot of cobras and pretty much all he does. He tunned mi=y lightning and did a good job then too. So I don't think it his him.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
well it damn sure isn't your car! he should've found that out before handing you over dissappointing dyno numbers like those! like I said, get a real tuner if you weren't satisfied with him. If it makes you feel any better I dyno'd 427.3RWHP and 405.5RWTQ. on just a CAI and CB.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Ya that doesn't, just proves there is something really wrong here!. He wants me to go back next week so he can figure it out. But just trying to get some ideal before I take it back of what it could be!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
He also thinks it could have something to do with the JLT CAI. He told me to put the stock elbow back on and just put the filter on it no snorkle or airbox and see how it does.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Mustang Dynos put out lower #'s than Dynojets!! What # did he load into for the HP @ 50 MPH slot? An incorrect # throws the curve #'s off bigtime. I think it should either be 14.00 or 12.00; not sure though which one. Hope this helps.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Mustang Dynos put out lower #'s than Dynojets!! What # did he load into for the HP @ 50 MPH slot? An incorrect # throws the curve #'s off bigtime. I think it should either be 14.00 or 12.00; not sure though which one. Hope this helps.

Iwillask him thanks :beer:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I have the old verson predator, is there a big difference between it and the new verson? Could this maybe be my problem?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
I have the old verson predator, is there a big difference between it and the new verson? Could this maybe be my problem?
No! The new version software for the Predator is in place to support the stalling issue etc. Nothing that effects the tuning at all (fuel etc).

Tucker

Here's my post from the other board:
I just pulled 499.1 with the JLT CAI and have many customers cars in the 500's.
If he is tuning and the computer taking over something is wrong.

The JLT is different, so it is sometimes the scape goat when a tuner can't figure the car out.
Please let us know what happens.
Jay

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
Try it out on a dynojet - I'll bet you will see the numbers you are expecting. Sometimes you may see a 50hp difference - depends on the correction factor.

peace

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Can my fuel filter maybe have something to do with this?

I would think you would see that on your dyno graph as a messed up a/f ?

peace

Users who are viewing this thread