Help please!!!

deec73

Established Member
I'm trying to locate a 04 Cobra I sold 5 years ago in hope of buying it back. I keep running into dead ends. Is there anyone that can help me find it by the vin number? Thanks

sc98cbra

Established Member
Depending on the jurisdiction (state), only certain individuals are authorized to obtain this information. In South Carolina (assuming that the vehicle is still located in SC), only attorneys, financial institutions, government entities, dealers, etc., are allowed to access these records. Even then, it is likely that there must be a legally justifiable reason for accessing these records. The South Carolina constitution, for example, expressly provides for an individual's right to privacy, so you will not be able to access these records without a legally justifiable reason.

If you put in time and effort, I am certain that you would be able to find the current owner. I would begin by either attempting to contact the person who you sold the vehicle to or pull a Carfax to find out where the vehicle was registered last.

deec73

Established Member
Thanks for your reply. I've put in a good bit of effort doing what you suggested. Actually tracked it down to a dealership in NC. They sold it to a guy in the air force who sold it to a guy about 8 months ago and that's as far as I got. The dealership wouldn't give me any names though.

Arrickh

Established Member
Thanks for your reply. I've put in a good bit of effort doing what you suggested. Actually tracked it down to a dealership in NC. They sold it to a guy in the air force who sold it to a guy about 8 months ago and that's as far as I got. The dealership wouldn't give me any names though.
What are some details on the car? I got lots of contacts in NC.

cbj5259

Established Member
Unfortunately OP law enforcement can't disseminate that kind of information as it would be illegal to do so. Good luck in your search though. We have all regretted letting that one car go that we wish we could have back.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

esonu

Established Member
The dmv has a form to fill out here in ca where you can get info for specific reasons. You should call your states dmv and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread