Help picking enclosed trailer...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I'm trying to get around with my car more, and with my purchase of my 14 Raptor supercrew last year...I'm finally looking for a trailer. Can't fit family and a dog in a Cobra comfortably lol. I would like to be able to pull it and comfortably attend mustang week, tx2k, Carlisle fairgrounds, etc.

Any suggestions? I think 24' would be the perfect size...but am up for suggestions. This will be for an 04 Cobra Coupe...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Man I can only imagine how bad the mpg will be with that kind of truck. Some advice if I may share, get a pointed/slanted nose trailer. I rented a 24’ enclosed trialer to go pick up my cobra from Texas an back to California and I got the same mpg loaded as I was empty. I was hauling with my 06 F350 6.0. 24’ was a perfect size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I had a 24' enclosed Featherlite for many years. It's way more than enough. You could get by with a 20'.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I had a 24' enclosed Featherlite for many years. It's way more than enough. You could get by with a 20'.
How much space is up front with the car loaded on a 20'? Is it really tight?

50stangpower

Established Member
I highly recommend an all aluminum trailer for your f-150. I have a 24' enclosed ATC raven which was around 10k new and it weighs under 3,000 pounds. This makes it super nice with your light weight truck. Also you NEED airbags.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
24 would be my pick too. You will probably end up putting something besides your car in it and you might want the extra length.

cj428mach

Established Member
I know a raptor has a lot more power than a 5.4 but pulling an enclosed trailer about killed my 04. I can pull my car easier on an open trailer than i could pull the enclosed trailer empty.

Id never go enclosed again unless i had a serious tow vehicle (diesel).

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I just sold my Haulmark 20' vnose. My Cobra fit with plenty of room for stuff in front of it( jack,toolbox,wall mounted spare). If I get another down the road I'm going to look at torsion type suspension. I made ramps for the lowered Cobra and my sons STI to get in without hitting and that worked,but the torsion type seem to sit lower.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know a raptor has a lot more power than a 5.4 but pulling an enclosed trailer about killed my 04. I can pull my car easier on an open trailer than i could pull the enclosed trailer empty.

That 4R70 wasn't doing you any favors.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

That’s what I was trying to say, go diesel. Pulling that enclosed trailer loaded and empty literally made no difference due to the aero of an enclosed trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Had a 20' featherlite enclosed car trailer all aluminum and black. "the Cadillac of trailers". Bought used Paid 8k sold it for 8k. Great trailer. Damn city ordnance made it a hassle to own it in the city.

I'd say look for a used FL in 20-24. 20' would do it, but a 24' you could set a shelf system in the nose. And D-hook everything. Put on a Anti-sway trailer and hitch set up. It really helps with gust of winds going down the HW at 70mph.

What's the tow cap on that raptor?

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I highly recommend an all aluminum trailer for your f-150. I have a 24' enclosed ATC raven which was around 10k new and it weighs under 3,000 pounds. This makes it super nice with your light weight truck. Also you NEED airbags.
Note taken. Thanks!

UnrealSVT

Established Member
You could build like a storage area or little work shop area in the nose of the trailer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I had seen quite a few people doing that, and even nicer ones with the cabinets and what not already built in. 24' it is!

Users who are viewing this thread