Help! need

Vibora 03

Established Member
I got a speeding ticket in the cobra 60 in a 45 the thing that worries me is that I have a class B CDL and I heard that when you geta ticket with a CDL they dont offer Defensive driving or probation so you are screwed is there any truth to that story any help would be good. If its going to stay on might as well contested and hope that the cop doesnt show.

Mike McRann

Established Member
Vibora 03 said:
I got a speeding ticket in the cobra 60 in a 45 the thing that worries me is that I have a class B CDL and I heard that when you geta ticket with a CDL they dont offer Defensive driving or probation so you are screwed is there any truth to that story any help would be good. If its going to stay on might as well contested and hope that the cop doesnt show.

Not an LEO.
I read on a firefighting forum several months ago about this topic, and from what I read (and have been told by a friend that's a truck driver) if the holder of a commercial DL (including a firefighter endorsment) gets a ticket they can't take traffic school to avoid points (even if you're driving you personal car.

ImShakn

Established Member
You need to check with your state DMV. In VA we can attend a Commercial Driver Improvement Clinic, but I believe that it has to be court ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread