Help: Need Dryer to Blow Off Car After Wash?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you are looking to maintain a scratch free car, the blower method is by far the best. No matter how good a microfiber towel is, you can always run the risk of very fine scratches by rubbing anything on your paint. I use a Metro Vac as well with a 30 foot hose. Its heated and filtered air, unlike a back pack blower. Having a flexible hose is a must. Try getting the water off your roof with a back pack blower, not fun. Plus you can use the M. Vac to blow out your door jams, interior, engine bay etc. A must have if your anal about your paint !!
My routine is similar to yours!

My G-70 is ceramic coated and I'm anal about keeping it clean and scratch-free. I use my Milwaukee cordless blower to remove 95% of the water after rinsing the car, including blowing out small portions of the engine bay, door jams, trunk channels, wheels & brake hardware, front grill, gas fill area, mirrors, etc. Then I use a high quality microfiber towel to finish drying each section. So for me, a good cordless blower is important to my detailing regiment.

The Milwaukee isn't cheap, like @blue 07 said, but IMO it's worth the price. The rubber coated nozzle is a plus for me, and it just plain does a good job. I wash my car weekly on average, so I WILL get my money's worth from it.

Users who are viewing this thread