Help Me!

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
So this is my first stick car(2011 GT) and I can drive it perfectly and all of that, but the track is killing me. My launching is terrible. I've got the shifting down fine. But the launching is what gets me. I either bogg or spin. Mostly bog though. I completely skip trying to burn out partly because I'm only on street tires so I'm not really concerned with it and I don't want to stall out in the water box. LOL. I'll be looking into getting slicks in the next few months. But right now I just want to see if y'all have any tips for a newb at launching. And try to hold back on all of your ragging on the rookie. Haha. Thanks SVTP.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Even with street tires you need to at least spin them over enough to clean them off. No smokey burnout needed.
Avoid the water box if at all possible.

Find a RPM to start with, Say 2500, slip the clutch a bit.
If it bogs then try 2700 and so on until it spins.
You goal is to launch at the highest RPM possible without spinning.
It is all trial and error.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Yeah. I always go around the water box and I floor it to the line to clean them off. I've that that down. I've got the track etiquette and what not. It's just the actual process of launching. Sorry I wasn't very specific. I just need more seat time I suppose. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread