Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T56 magnum

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

96dreamer

Established Member
Well I was lucky enough to win the $500 gift card to Lethal via their signature competition however I have no idea what to buy. Most of the parts on my car are either new or upgraded in some way. Anything I "need" is a good bit more than $500 which I'm ok using as an excuse to spend some money.

Run down on the car. 96 cobra with built motor, c head swap and intercooled 8 rib Novi 2000, t56w/ 26 spline input and rxt, built 8.8 with 9" ends and 4.10's, strange struts/shocks and coil overs upfront, mm front/rear control arms, stock k member, full fuel system, bbk 1-5/8 to 2.5 x and 2.5 borla cat back.

First thing that came to mind was upgrading the rusty bbk 1-5/8 long tubes to some nicer Kooks or ARH. Nothing wrong with the ones I have but I should be making 700+whp when I turn up the boost and I would never have to worry about them rusting out. Con is it would cost ~$1200 after the discount.

MM k member would compliment the rest of the suspension nicely but I already have the +3/4" a arms on the stock k member so with their K I would be +1.5" and likely have rubbing issues. This in itself would only be about $200 out of pocket but I would need to buy or trade for std. a arms.

Car currently has strange struts/ coil overs and mm cc plates. They work fine but are noisy. I could switch to Bilstein drag struts but I would also have to get a new coil over kit. Total would be about 350 after gift card.

Thump tensioner would be almost exactly the amount of the gift card. I currently have a stock steel tensioner and 8 rib and show no signs of slip but I have it limited to about 13 lbs. When I max out the blower it may start to have issues.

T56 magnum is wayyyy more than I would like to spend and there is nothing wrong with mine. But Magnum.

Or something else I didn't see or consider.

I could also just sit on it until I inevitably break something and use it towards whatever that is but where''s the fun in that.

Last edited:

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
What about some type of intercooler?

A front mount air-air or incorporating the Vortech Aftercooler would be beneficial as you increase boost.

Either option will require some work, but can be done.

boost88

Established Member
My vote is the k member or the tensioner. K member is a nice upgrade but the tensioner may fit the practical category

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

96dreamer

Established Member
What about some type of intercooler?

A front mount air-air or incorporating the Vortech Aftercooler would be beneficial as you increase boost.

Either option will require some work, but can be done.
Currently has a custom treadstone tr1245 front mount. Also 50mm tial bov and 50mm turbosmart wastegate to control boost. There's probably a few things I left off that would fall into that price range

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok. That's good.

What about a MM Panhard Bar or MM adj. anti-roll bar? Both?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i wouldnt **** with the tensioner personally if its working. Im a single bolt tensioner but don't have a lot good to say on the thump single bolt

96dreamer

Established Member
Ok. That's good.

What about a MM Panhard Bar or MM adj. anti-roll bar? Both?

That hadn't crossed my mind but I'm pretty confident I would have clearance issues with how I have my fuel system mounted.
20210403_214545_1.jpg

20210403_214612.jpg

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
With the Panhard Bar, possibly. The ARB would fit fine.

I don't have a side view, but here you can somewhat see how the PHB angles from side to side.

20200118_115916.jpg

96dreamer

Established Member
Somehow I started looking at Antigravity batteries this morning too. ATX-30 can be had for ~$350 and would drop ~25lbs from the front of the car. Pretty tempting but my current battery is also working fine.

96dreamer

Established Member
1-3/4"x3" ARH long tubes and 3" x pipe on order. Funny how winning $500 cost me $1200.:unsure: All the wife needs to know is I saved almost $700 though right?

Users who are viewing this thread