Help me pick color for valve covers

What color valve cover should be powder coated?

• Redfire (closes match)

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Wrinkle black

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • Ford blue

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • stock

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Take the fuel door to the shop where you are getting them coated, I took the tube off my JLT for them to match.

IMAG0189.jpg

26041_385729397326_504007326_447130.jpg

Now THAT is a clean engine bay!! No un necessary wires no lines no nothing.. Perfect man.. Maybe some idler pullies but that's it!! Awesome job :beer:

edswhite99

Established Member
Any pics of white cars' engine compartments? I've been thinking about getting mines done and this thread was like the nudge I needed to get over.

Last edited:

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
What did it cost to have the covers powdercoated?

For candy colors it was 150-180. For regular colors around a hundred. I ended up getting a close friend that has a paint shop hit mines for a little less than the reg. Powder coated finish. It was three coats of paint and three coats of clear. Looks like it'll be mid summer before I get the black t.s. I wanted to drop on top. No biggie though, I'm just ready to say I'm riding again. Been over a year now.

KINGCarnge

Established Member
I’ve been under a rock. I’ve had my 03 since 2008 and never thought about doing this. I’m obsessed and want to get me some soon. I have a torch red cobra and am debating on either black, torch red or wrinkle red. I do not know how to take them off and I really don’t want to pay 200 plus for a set. But I might have to just pay the money for a set and then get them powder coated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread