Help me find these wires to finish my climate control install!

qurtrn10

Established Member
I've finally got around to finishing up the EATC install on the Lightning. There are 21 wires coming out of the climate control box, and of those, 9 of those connect to three sensors (sunload, ambient air temp, and in cab air temp), so those are easy enough to figure out. That leaves me with 12 wires separating me from having climate controlled AC in the Lightning. I don't have a steering wheel with AC controls, so I can eliminate that wires too - down to 11. As you can guess - August in southwest FL is pretty hot, so I'd like to knock these last 11 wires out.

I need help finding where to tap in for these last 12 wires. Even if I only get a few a day, it'll get me done pretty quickly. Here are the diagrams (so generously provided by Eric - thanks so much):
99expyeatcconnector281.gif

99expyeatcconnector280.gif

Of all of these wires, here are the wires yet to be connected:

Pin #11 - A/C Pressure Cutoff Signal
Pin #14 - Instrument Panel Lamp Feed
Pin #22 - Relay to Auxillary Control
Pin #23 - Blower Control Output (PWM)
Pin #1 - SPC (-)
Pin #2 - Power (Hot at all times)
Pin #3 - Ground
Pin #15 - SPC (+)
Pin #16 - Power (Hot in run)
Pin #17 - Blower relay
Pin #19 - Front Panel Illumination

I'll update this original post to scratch off each wire as I find it's home. Any help is greatly appreciated.

qurtrn10

Established Member
Starting off with the easiest ones, where would the best place be to splice the power (hot at all times) and power (hot in run)?

I'm thinking I can use the wiring going to one of the original AC controls for ground and instrument panel lamp feed. Here's the original plug:
LightningConnector294c.gif

Sound good so far?

Thanks,
William

qurtrn10

Established Member
Well, I haven't spent much time with the truck lately, but I was tired of it looking like this...:
DSC_0104.gif

DSC_0096-1.gif

...so I spent some time today rerouting the (not yet hooked up) A/C wires to come out of the ashtray hole so that at least for now, I could mount the stereo back in, and start driving the truck again. (I've been driving my SVTF this whole time and with the truck in the garage, kind of forgot about working on the A/C - out of sight, out of mind).

2010-11-17_18-16-32_426.gif

2010-11-17_18-17-24_731.gif

With my new Harley radio bracket, I'll need to clearance the upper section to let the double din stereo slide in. It slides through the outter bezel piece just fine, but stops once it hits the bracket piece behind it. Now that I'll get the stereo back in and buttoned up in the next week or so, I think I'll start driving it and hopefully kickstart my renewed interest in getting this project done!

Thanks for looking!
William

P.S. - Any help on figuring out these wires is still greatly appreciated! I'm going to post this over at Lightningrodder for those who don't frequent svtp.

Users who are viewing this thread