Help me figure out how to continue my projects

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been on the forums for some time now and I'm sure there are many more like me, owning more than just one "Project". I'm just wondering what to do, as I have the tendency to add more projects and then trying to working on all of them at the same time and it is obviously not working out.

Here are my current projects:
2003 GT - purchased new and heavily modded. Most of my posts on here are about this car. I call her "Zicke" as this car has cost me so much money and always comes up with new stupid issues. List of parts sitting here waiting to be installed is long! It is my wanna be racecar.

2017 GT - used to be our companys project car that I just couldn't let go to someone else so I bought it. Supercharged auto with also many mods and fun to drive. Apart from the Semislicks this is probably closest to a daily driver. I'd like to add more carbon fiber and maybe suede to the interior to make it look better.

1997 Cobra - bought it with engine damage and working on it now. Lots of cosmetic plans for this while trying not to go too crazy with it. Engine will stay stock.

1980 Notch - the car I always wanted as it is my birth year (I'm getting old!). Currently completely stock other than wheels, springs, shocks, swaybars and fresh iconic silver paint.

I have been going back and forth about buying another SN95 to build a Saleen-Allen tribute car or buying another foxbody to modify and keep my current one stockisch or buying a S197 because it is missing in my collection. At the same time I would love to do an 2.3 Ecoboost swap in my notch as it is a 2.3 Turbo from the factory. So many ideas for my current cars or future cars.

How do you keep structure with various projects and what do you all think I should do with my fox? keep it classic/stock or modify it? Should I just use the Saleen T1 wing on my Cobra and the blazing horse livery on my racecar? or go ahead and buy more projects?

Here are my babies:
3ED6A7B8-6694-4A5F-B3D5-387679457AE7.jpeg
453BD085-5F8F-4DD8-BA8A-79FD040079F3.jpeg
723918F7-8AE1-450B-9DB3-4938294F1B13.jpeg
E8E54915-2860-4D2C-8AF1-4EED4C6181C7.jpeg

Regards
Ana

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I have that problem also, and my only advice is to pick one, work on it until it is "finished". I've moved to that strategy with military surplus gun restorations and gun building and it works better than having tons of half finished projects. For my current cars, my plan is to get my 69 Mach 1 back to driving and having most things work on it. I will the focus on my 70 Charger R/T for restoration. I am looking at a new edge though, so I might het distracted a little.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'll 2nd the idea of pick one and focus all your time/energy/money on it until it is done to your reasonable satisfaction.

Other than maybe a little more power and tasteful cosmetic upgrades, leave the Fox original.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I say if what you have been doing to this point (multiple projects going at once) is how you like to go about things, then keep it up. If there's something about this modus operandi you don't like anymore, then change it. Personally, I like to focus in on one thing at a time until it's done. Then move onto the next most logical step. Having lots of things in the air at once can be overwhelming for me. Some people it doesn't bother them. It's just whatever style you are.

When it comes to modding, never take a car beyond what makes it fun to drive on a regular basis or puts the car on edge in anyway, be it power or suspension. It's all a balancing act.

Adower

Established Member
I have been on the forums for some time now and I'm sure there are many more like me, owning more than just one "Project". I'm just wondering what to do, as I have the tendency to add more projects and then trying to working on all of them at the same time and it is obviously not working out.

Here are my current projects:
2003 GT - purchased new and heavily modded. Most of my posts on here are about this car. I call her "Zicke" as this car has cost me so much money and always comes up with new stupid issues. List of parts sitting here waiting to be installed is long! It is my wanna be racecar.

2017 GT - used to be our companys project car that I just couldn't let go to someone else so I bought it. Supercharged auto with also many mods and fun to drive. Apart from the Semislicks this is probably closest to a daily driver. I'd like to add more carbon fiber and maybe suede to the interior to make it look better.

1997 Cobra - bought it with engine damage and working on it now. Lots of cosmetic plans for this while trying not to go too crazy with it. Engine will stay stock.

1980 Notch - the car I always wanted as it is my birth year (I'm getting old!). Currently completely stock other than wheels, springs, shocks, swaybars and fresh iconic silver paint.

I have been going back and forth about buying another SN95 to build a Saleen-Allen tribute car or buying another foxbody to modify and keep my current one stockisch or buying a S197 because it is missing in my collection. At the same time I would love to do an 2.3 Ecoboost swap in my notch as it is a 2.3 Turbo from the factory. So many ideas for my current cars or future cars.

How do you keep structure with various projects and what do you all think I should do with my fox? keep it classic/stock or modify it? Should I just use the Saleen T1 wing on my Cobra and the blazing horse livery on my racecar? or go ahead and buy more projects?

Here are my babies:
View attachment 1720290View attachment 1720291View attachment 1720292View attachment 1720293

Regards
Ana
I’m looking to sell my t1 wing if you’re interested

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The money stops me also but if you have endless funds who the hell cares how many projects you have? Once you’re done you’re going to be bored. I would personally buy as many cars as I had the money and room for.
id probably keep the fox stock and maybe try and find another later less desirable year and model and go nuts on.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
unfortunately not endless money to spend and room is limited. So I will probably going to follow you guys advise to do one by one.

The Cobra needs to run first, then renew the brakes (been sitting for 5 years), get some new tires and once all this is done I'll look at the T1 wing to finish her off.

Then I'll focus on my blue 03, change brakes, powersteering setup, coilovers and new wheels and then hopefully spend every free day on the track next season.

By then I'll know what to do with the Fox, probably start with interior resto/mod first.

The little bits and pieces of carbon fiber I want for the 17 may fit in in between. Bigger stuff like a new set of wheels and the digital dash swap will have to wait for all the others to be done.

wow, almost sounds like a plan. Now I just need to stick to it.

40th GT

Established Member
That 2003 is sweet. I'm partial to the 99-04s especially when they're done right like yours. My first Mustang was an 04.

S197s are fun cars and I found them easier to work on than SN95s. Less clutter in the engine bay and also more room to work with.

As for staying focused, I like to make a shopping list of things to buy and then buy/install as I can. Nothing wrong with working on multiple projects at once if that's your working style.

Users who are viewing this thread