Help me decide on a MAF for a

elcobrita

Established Member
Ok guys i am close to finishing the install on my intercooled novi 2k for my 96 cobra. I have 42lb injectors and plan to make 420 to 470rwhp with the stock pulley. What MAF should i get for a blow through setup? Thanks

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Depends on how far you think you're going to take the build. If you're going to go for 800hp down the road, you should go ahead and spring for a MAF build for that much air being pulled through it.

No matter what you go with, I'd suggest the SCT Big Air. I have the BA3000 on my car.

elcobrita

Established Member
Depends on how far you think you're going to take the build. If you're going to go for 800hp down the road, you should go ahead and spring for a MAF build for that much air being pulled through it.

No matter what you go with, I'd suggest the SCT Big Air. I have the BA3000 on my car.

thats the one i was planning on but someone told me that Maf is only for drawthrough setups like roots type blowers...

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
thats the one i was planning on but someone told me that Maf is only for drawthrough setups like roots type blowers...

I can't speculate on that, as I don't know a lot about Centrifugal setups, but I know that on my roots style setup my MAF worked great. Maybe call whatever shop you're going to get tuned by and ask them. I got tuned at Modular Depot in KY, and they're really knowledgeable, so even if you don't get tuned there and just wanted to ask, i'm sure they'd help you out if you gave them a call.

Last edited:

elcobrita

Established Member
I can't speculate on that, as I don't know a lot about Centrifugal setups, but I know that on my roots style setup my MAF worked great. Maybe call whatever shop you're going to get tuned by and ask them. I got tuned at Modular Depot in KY, and they're really knowledgeable, so even if you don't get tuned their and just wanted to ask, i'm sure they'd help you out if you gave them a call.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can run any MAF in a draw through or blow through set up. I'm running a 2400 in a blow through set up currently. The only down side is the range is usually lower in a blow through set up because of the tube size. But the driveability makes up for it IMO.

elcobrita

Established Member
You can run any MAF in a draw through or blow through set up. I'm running a 2400 in a blow through set up currently. The only down side is the range is usually lower in a blow through set up because of the tube size. But the driveability makes up for it IMO.

do you have any pics of your maf setup, will it be ok if i place it right after the intake pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread