Help Me Build a Detailer's Kit for a Black Car

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Hi S'n'S, I need help building a exterior detailing kit for my Black CS. I can hide most of the haloing imperfections with my camera gear or in post, but I want this car to look good for a long time. I've used the search feature and I've walked away with mixed info on what pads, waxes, sealants I should get. So, help me build a affordable list of products.

So far I've found:

Porter Cable 7424 & Foam Pad Kit - Car Buffer

Griot's Garage Random Orbital Polisher & Pad Kit, Griot's Garage Random Orbital Machine, orbital polishing kit

Lethal Performance Porter Cable M105/M205 Correction Kit - Detailing Kits - Car Care Products

Waxes: ??

Sealants: ??

Pads: ??

:read:

This is what I'm working with:
9357186988_fcf9d97fea_b.jpg

fame by FOX-4, on Flickr

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
I personally like Adam's polishes.

This is their new kit:

Machine Polishing Kits | Microfiber Pads | Auto Detailing Kits

Even if you dont buy from them..watch some of their vids.

Either machine you listed is fine, but you find either at Adams...need to get those at Autogeek.

I liked the PC, but a lot of guys here like the GG DA because it has stronger motor.

The technique is more important than the actual products, which is proven by the fat that many guys here will have great results while not too many use the same product...so watch some YouTube vids on technique.

RC

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I recommend a griots garage da even though i have a pc wish i would have got a gg by now. also go with the d300/301 over the 105 and 205

this is a good kit for you

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Grio...with-Meguiars-Microfiber-DA-System_p_703.html

good sealant & waxes depend on how much money you have to spend

i prefer to use blackfire wet diamond

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, paint sealant, synthetic sealant, blackfire sealant

their wax is also pretty decent

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, car wax, auto wax

but this is my go to wax. best wax i think and i have used several other dodo products and i keep coming back to this one

Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax 30 ml Sample, natural carnauba car wax, Dodo pure wax, dodojuice waxes, carnauba wax in wooden jar, super natural wax

as far as pads the only ones you need should come in the kit with d300/301. if you wanted to be blackfire sealant on i would recommend a foam pad (black probably)

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I personally like Adam's polishes.

This is their new kit:

Machine Polishing Kits | Microfiber Pads | Auto Detailing Kits

Even if you dont buy from them..watch some of their vids.

Either machine you listed is fine, but you find either at Adams...need to get those at Autogeek.

I liked the PC, but a lot of guys here like the GG DA because it has stronger motor.

The technique is more important than the actual products, which is proven by the fat that many guys here will have great results while not too many use the same product...so watch some YouTube vids on technique.

RC

x2 for Adam's and the PC. I also highly recommend their videos.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I will be the odd one out I guess. I do agree with the GG DA though. I like CG products and have had great success with them. Get the "V" line of polishes and compounds. I actually like them better than M105/M205 which are very good in their own right. For pads I love Hexlogic pads- they work extremely well IMO. For sealant JS109 or Opti-Shield 2.0. .... One other combo I like is Blacklight and V07. Works extremely well on black or dark colored paints.

Keep in mind when you ask detailers a question you will get a ton of different results. Some love one product line over another for whatever reason. Does that make Adams good and DoDo bad or vice versa? Not at all- we all have different experiences and preferences. My suggestion is to sample a few lines and find out what YOU like and what works best for YOU. Most likely it will differ slightly from everyone in this thread.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
There's nothing odd about different strokes for different folks. :beer:

Products are important but, as RC-5.0 said, technique is more important.

I agree to an extent- IMO there are products that make detailing easier all else being equal (ie- technique)

Just to add to the mix- I am not opposed to trying different products. I go with what I find works best for me. I didn't get to try IUDJ today but I do have a detail tomorrow I will try it on. If it doesn't work I stil have CG to fall back on. CG worked awesome for today's detail, client gave me a $40 tip:rockon:

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Keep in mind when you ask detailers a question you will get a ton of different results. Some love one product line over another for whatever reason. Does that make Adams good and DoDo bad or vice versa? Not at all- we all have different experiences and preferences. My suggestion is to sample a few lines and find out what YOU like and what works best for YOU. Most likely it will differ slightly from everyone in this thread.

I'm really leaning to grabbing that GG kit and call up a few places for samples products.

Users who are viewing this thread