Help...MAT sensor?!?!

Steeda1

Established Member
What is this? What does it do? I fugged up & sent it to apten still on the blower and it isn't there now...

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Needless to say you need that or your car will not run or run properly

Either call Apten to see if they have it and can send it back to you.

Or contact Radny @ Liberty Ford in MD say i sent you he will give you a good deal on any Ford part. 410-655-2000

Dave

Steeda1

Established Member
What does MAT stand for? And what is it's purpose? I'm trying to talk with a parts guy right now, but he doesn't know what a MAT Sensor is:shrug:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Im not sure of everything it does, but it does monitor IAT2 temps and some other things i believe.

Please do me a favor and call the # i recommended. This will save you ALOT of aggravation and headaches explaining it to a parts guy that has no clue. Randy knows ALOT about Hi-performance 4.6 applications and will get you what you need fast and cheaper then any local parts store can. You need to go to Ford to get it

Dave

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Manifold Air Temperature Sensor (MAT)

I'm not sure of all of it's functions.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
If you are talking about the flat black box on the back driver side of the blower it is called a integrated temperature and manifold absolute pressure (TMAP) sensor. Some of Ford documents call it a barometric pressure (BARO) sensor. It measure manifold absolute pressure and air charge temporature.

Users who are viewing this thread