Help is needed please for telemarketer

jshen

Established Member
I am sure you all get annoyed with harassing phone calls from an Indian speaking dude who wants Windows info or wants info about a "loan"- that I don't have. This POS has called me 50 times in the last few days and today this dude forgot to hit call block...He is from Chicago...312-945-7604. Please assist in calling this POS and give him the treatment he's given me...

Thanks all.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
....Or the number is spoofed so that their actual number never traces back to someone (usually the alternative they use to blocking a number). But I'm not at home so don't have time to check for myself.

jshen

Established Member
I have been calling and the little fella has been getting right upset...so I know calls are getting to him....Woman works it during day and this guy in afternoons...I will hound this dipshit...Hey I am retired..nothing else to do....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
A quick search shows this is scam crap. Just a quick copy and paste of one I found.

A man with an accent calls me to ask me if I want a loan. I tell him no and to please take of their call list. He called 5x in one day. I called the number back and said who are you. He said Linda I know this is you. I repeat please take me off your call list. He said ok. I love you - bye.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I usually answer those calls by letting them know they have reached the SC Attorney General's Office -Consumer Frauds Division. When I ask how they would like the call directed they typically apologize for calling the wrong number, hang up, and never call again.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Ive had this happen with numbers from mississippi, montana, new york, florida, and texas. I asked him if he wanted to buy a freshly pulled kidney and some meth, he hung up.....

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Got one of those calls the other day.

(In a heavy Indian accent)
"Hello, this is the Windows Security Center and I'm calling because there is a problem with your network connection on your computer".

Yeah, right. GTFO.
If I have time, I'll play with them a little bit before telling them to get effed.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Answer phone with
" City Morgue"
or speak in an unrecognizable made up accent
or act like a telemarketer and try to sell him made up stuff
or memorize Liam Neeson's lines from Taken and right after his spiel, repeat them.

Deric

Established Member
My brother always used to answer as a made up company name with a little jingle. They usually apologized for calling and said they'd take him off the list.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have gotten these calls when home. it usually goes something like this:

Him: Hello this is xxxx calling from Microsoft technical support (or some such). I am calling because we have been notified of a problem with your computer.

Me: really? what kind of problem

him: blah blah virus .. blah blah .. let us help you ... blah blah

Me: OH! I am so glad you called actually. I have been getting a message on my machine that really has me worried.

Him: ok well I am here to help, what does the message say

me: hang on I took a screen shot ... let me dig it out ...... (insert 5 minute wait time here ) ....

Me: Ok I have found it .. you ready?

Him: yes .. read it to me

me: it says .... "this is to notify you that in the next few days some ASSHOLE claiming to be from Microsoft will call you!"

him: crickets .. *click*

the other thing I will do is tell them to hang on while I go get the guy that owns the computer ... put the phone down and walk away ...

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
This happened to me a while back with the Indian dudes. I would begin cursing the guy until a fly wouldnt light on them. String 15 curse words together and finish with an insult. Now these guys take it personal and get genuinely angry and will try to curse back at you in English. Damn funniest thing Ive ever heard. I even told one guy I was going to come to India , hunt him down, cut out his kidney and sell it. LOL. Good times. One guy I pretended to think he was having an affair with my wife and threatened to kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread