HELP Installing Lethal Budget Wiring (Quick Question)

greenflash00

Established Member
Ok I'm wiring up the budget return harness and have one quick question. On the the OEM fuel hat wires that come directly off of the hat (4 of them), which of these two will connect back to the yellow and black extra wires on the lethal harness?

It says in the instructions it's yellow to yellow and black to black/orange…but mine isn't black/orange it's just black.

I'm 99% sure it's the two smaller wires though because the gauge of the wire matches.

Here is the cut off wires from the OEM hat:

One black, one black/purple, one yellow and one black. I believe it is the two on the left that will get connected to the lethal harness because they are the same gauge.
68ADE974-9576-4302-AB99-AE28F84C1C8E.gif

So it would go together like this…right?
16F9B2BE-2ACC-416C-8A51-B05161404FB3.gif

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
If I remember right the yellow and black wires are for the sending unit right? It so just trace the originals through the hat to see that they're going to the sending unit.

greenflash00

Established Member
Thanks guys…I just went and looked at the oem hat and traced it through. It is those two for the receiver (yellow) and (black) ground on the sending unit. Not sure why I didn't think of just looking at the stock hat for that answer last night :lol: Looong day in the garage and late night brain fart. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread