Help Identifying Lowering Springs

dablaze313

Established Member
All, I just bought a set of used lowering springs that were advertised as the Kenny Brown Club Sport springs but wanted to get y'all's opinion. Here are a few pictures I took of them. I can take more if it would help identify them.
20130408_161501_zpsa812dbfd.gif

20130408_161520_zpsc52cdbf7.gif

20130408_161533_zpse2bd843e.gif

In the pictures the seller sent me the fronts appeared to be black instead of blue (crappy pics), leading me to believe that they were the KB springs. I still think they may be as their geometry is very close to the few pics of them I can find online but the color is throwing me off, as they are supposed to all be black and don't appear to be repainted. None of the springs have any markings, which I expected since they are old. Thanks for any input you can provide.

Here is the only thread I could find on here that had pictures of the springs themselves. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/suspension-modifications-211/830339-what-springs-black.html

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Get some calipers and take the required measurements and you can determine the spring rates easily. May not be 100% exact, but you can get close. If they are KB springs, you got a great set since the rear springs have a HIGHER rate than the front - perfect for nose-heavy, understeer-prone Cobra's.

dablaze313

Established Member
there's no markings/numbers on them ANYWHERE? stamped eaither? bottom/top? that's weird lol

No I'm sure they used to have markings on them but they look well used so I bet they wore off.

Get some calipers and take the required measurements and you can determine the spring rates easily. May not be 100% exact, but you can get close. If they are KB springs, you got a great set since the rear springs have a HIGHER rate than the front - perfect for nose-heavy, understeer-prone Cobra's.

That is my plan as ball-parking the measurements with a measuring tape gave me horrendously low spring rates which I hope aren't accurate at all. I had previously read from various sources including your posts about the benefits of having higher rear rates for IRS Cobras and so when I saw this set come up I jumped on it as KB springs are hard to come by nowadays.

dablaze313

Established Member
For those wondering or in case anyone else comes across a similar set of springs, I believe that these are in fact Kenny Brown (or Engineered Performance) springs. The rear springs worked out to about 820 lb/in and the fronts about 720 lb/in. I'm amazed that I got values so close to the published ones using a cheap Chinese pair of digital calipers.

Jefe

Established Member
They do look blue. Love my Kenny Browns. Are my pics in the link you posted showing up? Dont work for me

Users who are viewing this thread