HELP!!! I need an 3/8x16 Jam Nut for a Hurst stick

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
As the title states. I need a 3/8x16 jam nut for my Hurst stick. I ordered the stick which didn't come w/ the jam nut. The Grabber Pony ball doesn't come w/ a jam nut either. I've looked EVERYWHERE in this small town and NO ONE carries it. All auto parts stores, hardware (Ace, Home Depot, Fastenall etc) and to no avail. I called Hurst directly and they told me to buy their ball to get the jam nut. :cuss: I'm not spending $20-$40 for something I'm not going to use completely. Can anyone help me out? :shrug:

-Rob

4rdsvtdriver

Established Member
This isn't just a regular hex nut. It's hex on the bottom and rounded on top to fit up under the shifter ball. No machine shops in this town. I have to drive close to 30-50 miles for that.

skyhighsd

Established Member
This isn't just a regular hex nut. It's hex on the bottom and rounded on top to fit up under the shifter ball. No machine shops in this town. I have to drive close to 30-50 miles for that.

what about a nylon lock nut would that fit in there?

4rdsvtdriver

Established Member
GOT IT! Finally got through to Summit and they got a hold of someone who wasn't lazy working at "B&M/Hurst". :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread