HELP evap line on turbo setup

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I got my car running and had forgotten to connect the evap line that was connected to the inlet on the supercharger setup. When I start the car I get the p0453. My question is where are you guys connecting this line and is it ok for this hose to see boost beings everything on the intake sees boost pressure now. Thanks for any input guys

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
20140619_141929_zpszpxcrgsp.jpg
"]
20140619_141929_zpszpxcrgsp.jpg
[/URL]

The open line is the one that use to go to the inlet that the throttle body mouts to.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
i think the 99/01 have a port for the evap under the or on the side of the upper intake right next to where the fuel rail should be (stock that is)

Last edited:

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
i think the 99/01 have a port for the evap under the or on the side of the upper intake right next to where the fuel rail should be (stock that is)

My biggest question is it OK for this line to see boost pressure. The location on the factory Eaton or Twin screw setup it doesn't see boost pressure where it is located in the throttle body plenum.
I just want to know what everyone that uses an 99-01 Cobra or an 03-04 Mach 1 Intake connect this line to when going turbo?

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
Yes should be fine your manifold is just a big vaccume my buddie has the 99 sert with his turbo ans thats where we plumbed it I believe

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
My tuner told me it was not need to be connected so he just capped it off (2.3 whipple /return /e85)
So does that mean he has all your EVAP stuff disabled in your tune then? Also are you still running a stock tank with the stock fuel feed line or is it like mine stock cobra tank division X hat with -10 feed and a -8 return line.

Last edited:

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
So does that mean he has all your EVAP stuff disabled in your tune then? Also are you still running a stock tank with the stock fuel feed line or is it like mine stock cobra tank division X hat with -10 feed and a -8 return line.

Fore stage 3 return
-10 feed -8 return

It must be disabled

Do I need that to pass smog ?

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I connected it to a vacuum port on the top of upper manifold and when I started the car it acts like it has a vacuum leak cannot keep it running so I don't think thats gonna work out there. The car also popped the P0453 almost instantly to. I didn't have anymore time to mess with it after that had to be at work early and working late on top of that too. I gotta start building a 347 for a fox body tomorrow so my car is on the back burner for a bit again. I guess I will get it done but seems like never anytime for my own stuff.

Mystic03

Established Member
I connected it to a vacuum port on the top of upper manifold and when I started the car it acts like it has a vacuum leak cannot keep it running so I don't think thats gonna work out there. The car also popped the P0453 almost instantly to. I didn't have anymore time to mess with it after that had to be at work early and working late on top of that too. I gotta start building a 347 for a fox body tomorrow so my car is on the back burner for a bit again. I guess I will get it done but seems like never anytime for my own stuff.

same boat buddie! but thats weird..ill be doin this same swap/setup ill keep you updated non my findings/solutions

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Well guys I finally had time to mess with the car a little. I got all the lines moved and hooked back up and car still stumbles and the P0453 comes back shortly after starting the car. I have a buddy that has a smoke machine I am getting Monday and gonna see if I can find a vacuum leak and drop the tank enough to see if all is plugged in on top of the tank and make sure all the EVAP lines are connected as they should be. I was really hoping this was going to fix the issue but the way my luck runs I figured it was not going to help. I have a feeling the rough idle is a vacuum leak just gotta find it becasue I cannot hear one at all.

Last edited:

04yfzkid

Established Member
Does your car have a high idle at all? I had mine connected to the bottom of the throttle body (didn't know what it's purpose was). I capped mine off on the dyno since all my emissions stuff is removed / disabled in the computer.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Does your car have a high idle at all? I had mine connected to the bottom of the throttle body (didn't know what it's purpose was). I capped mine off on the dyno since all my emissions stuff is removed / disabled in the computer.

The car is acting like it has a vacuum leak right now so it doesn't hardly want to idle at all. I am getting my buddies smoke machine to hook up to the car and locate any vacuum leaks and take care of those so I can rule out that being the issue.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Will do I went and got my buddies Matco smoke machine so I can see if I have a vacuum leak and check all the EVAP lines and see if and what is leaking there. I will let you guys know what I find. I am back on 12 hour days again this week so not sure when I will find time but hopefully soon. I am looking forward to Mustang Week coming up even though I don't plan on taking my car it will be a nice break from work.

SVT3571

Established Member
I know im bumping a really old thread here but I'm curious to know what everyone does with this hose?? I'm also trying to figure out what to do with mine after going turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread