HELP! DFX/Twin disc Clutch questions!!!!

2003SVTSnake

You can buy happiness!
Established Member
Okay so heres the deal. My tob was going out, decided to replace it with a beafy one and the retainer sleeve too, and while I was down there, replace my old centerforce II with a DFX to hopefully get rid of the nasty chatter I had. So I take off the bellhousing and find two clutches. I bought the car with the centerforce on it so I wasn't really sure what the previous owner did with the clutch. I don't know if I can just put one clutch in it without messing things up. In order; pressure plate, clutch #1, then another plate of some sort, and then clutch #2, and then the flywheel. Help please I am very confused!!!!!!! I just need to know if I can stick my new pressure plate and clutch in it. Thanks guys :)

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
Sounds like you have a twin disk clutch in there. Possibly a Mcleod. Twin disk set ups are a package deal. What that means then is that yes, your new clutch will go in your car but, you will need a new flywheel to go with the new clutch as, like I said, the twin disk set-ups are a package deal and you can't put a single disk clutch on it's flywheel. Sorry to give you the bad news about having to spend more money. Oh, and I have heard of plenty of clutch chatter issues with the Centerforce DFX as well.

Last edited:

BWH2003

Established Member
I have a DFX and the thing barely chatters. When you get the kit check your pressure plate. The first one I put in wasnt flat. The second I machined flat and guess what, it holds like a son of a B^&$h and it doesnt chatter. Problem solved!

2003SVTSnake

You can buy happiness!
Established Member
BWH2003 said:
I have a DFX and the thing barely chatters. When you get the kit check your pressure plate. The first one I put in wasnt flat. The second I machined flat and guess what, it holds like a son of a B^&$h and it doesnt chatter. Problem solved!

Yeah I think I'll do that! Thanks! Another problem with my clutch was that the clutch pedal felt sticky sometimes... as I would release the pedal it would "stick" and then the whole car would jump like I didn't know how to drive a stick... geeez. Embarassing! Any ideas?

2003SVTSnake

You can buy happiness!
Established Member
Here is what came out of her. Sounds like people are hating on the DFX as well.

l_d1eedd133a195bab17590389cf88eb57.jpg

BWH2003

Established Member
2003SVTSnake said:
Yeah I think I'll do that! Thanks! Another problem with my clutch was that the clutch pedal felt sticky sometimes... as I would release the pedal it would "stick" and then the whole car would jump like I didn't know how to drive a stick... geeez. Embarassing! Any ideas?

lube your cable??

Users who are viewing this thread