Help deciding... Borla or SLP

b_dike

Established Member
Alright I'm finally ready to buy an actual catback. Just can't decide between the two. Always loved the stingers, but just couldn't justify the price. So I thought I made my mind up on SLP's LM2's, but found Summit Racing is selling the stingers for 667.95. I believe the LM2's are 649.95 shipped.

So I look to you guys for your thoughts, and opinions.

O ya I'll be running a upr o/r x with it...

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Im running pypes O/R x and stingers and I love it, I dont have a vid with the stingers and the O/R x but it still sounds amazing. This vid is with the stock h pipe and stingers
[youtube_browser]uk4atuRTRbw[/youtube_browser]

Running a Stingers myself with catted Bassani, I know the Stingers will sound even better with an O/R.

BUT since you are going to be running a UPR O/R I think you need to drop the SLPs and add the Mac 3" to the debate.

This vid was posted by a member on this site. Probably one of the best vids when it comes to evaluating the tone of an exhaust setup. All those idle vids with people reving never give you a good idea of how that exhaust will sound when its udner load.

UPR O/R & Mac 3" is my next setup after inspection. Just something to consider. Its the only exhaust tone that I know beats my Stingers/Bassani.

[youtube_browser]-t6mqJSXi2U[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
Ya I've seen this vid before. Your car sounds bad ass, but that's part of the problem.

Stingers sound so bad ass that everybody runs them. LM2's are a close second on sound, but almost nobody runs them. Thought I would be a little different, but now that they're almost equal in price I'm completely torn between the two. LOL

b_dike

Established Member
Running a Stingers myself with catted Bassani, I know the Stingers will sound even better with an O/R.

BUT since you are going to be running a UPR O/R I think you need to drop the SLPs and add the Mac 3" to the debate.

This vid was posted by a member on this site. Probably one of the best vids when it comes to evaluating the tone of an exhaust setup. All those idle vids with people reving never give you a good idea of how that exhaust will sound when its udner load.

UPR O/R & Mac 3" is my next setup after inspection. Just something to consider. Its the only exhaust tone that I know beats my Stingers/Bassani.

[youtube_browser]-t6mqJSXi2U[/youtube_browser]

YES this vid sold me on MAC for a couple months. I love this setup too, but IMO this is 3rd on my list.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I see your delima but personally I rarely see other cobras or terminators unless Im at a cruise or shoot so I could care less if every terminator in the state has em lol

b_dike

Established Member
I see your delima but personally I rarely see other cobras or terminators unless Im at a cruise or shoot so I could care less if every terminator in the state has em lol

For the most part this is true. Except that the two terminators I cruise with both run stingers. LOL

Although neither have a o/r pipe...

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Ya I've seen this vid before. Your car sounds bad ass, but that's part of the problem.

Stingers sound so bad ass that everybody runs them. LM2's are a close second on sound, but almost nobody runs them. Thought I would be a little different, but now that they're almost equal in price I'm completely torn between the two. LOL

My setup: Bassani mids, Bassani OR/X no cats, LM2's and I love it. Just a little raspy at WOT but that's what I was looking for.

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
what about bassani?

i know they are expensive but imo bassani backed with a o/r x pipe is the best sounding combo on a 2v ill stand by that statement.

now for my 04 cobra ive had stock manifolds mac prochamber and mac catback. that video above sold me on mac as well. . i now have bbk LT's bbk x pipe with a mac catback and flowmaster,looking for a bassani and other catbacks as well.

i plan on doing exhaust videos like the one above for each catback with lt's and my midpipe for threads like this, i myself have spent hours upon hours looking on youtube/forums making a decesion about exhaust

back on topic from the two you have in mind. borla stingers. imo slp's remind me of old bigblock mud trucks straightpiped, if your looking for loud and obnoxious and lots of attention slp

b_dike

Established Member
what about bassani?

i know they are expensive but imo bassani backed with a o/r x pipe is the best sounding combo on a 2v ill stand by that statement.

now for my 04 cobra ive had stock manifolds mac prochamber and mac catback. that video above sold me on mac as well. . i now have bbk LT's bbk x pipe with a mac catback and flowmaster,looking for a bassani and other catbacks as well.

i plan on doing exhaust videos like the one above for each catback with lt's and my midpipe for threads like this, i myself have spent hours upon hours looking on youtube/forums making a decesion about exhaust

back on topic from the two you have in mind. borla stingers. imo slp's remind me of old bigblock mud trucks straightpiped, if your looking for loud and obnoxious and lots of attention slp

No bassani just for the reason you stated. They're just as expensive as borla, but imo don't sound as good.

As for flowmaster on a 4v :xpl: No thanks...

I'll be looking forward to seeing your vids, but I don't ever plan on running lt's. Not planning on making enough hp to justify such a purchace. Stock logs are more than enough for me. Plus I like the burbly sound.

Thanks for the feedback. :beer:

streetsweeperz

Established Member
with an o/r xpipe i would go with the borla nicer sound i had slp with o/r xpipe and it was loud and raspy and cops always stop me for being to loud imo borla is the way to go

Mystic03

Established Member
o/r prochamber w/ SLP loudmouth I

[youtube_browser]eznxHsyh59o[/youtube_browser][/QUOTE

Thanks for posting, but I've heard lm1's with an o/r x and DAMN! They are very loud... your prochamber gives it a much more mellow sound.

ive had o/r bassani x...and off road h on these loudmouths and good god way too loud n raspy..when i changed to the prochamber all rasp was gone! it it very quiet at idle and sounds nuts at WOT definetly a head turner! ill try to get some outside vids before i tear it down for e85

EDIT: official talking to me at begining of the video was actually complementing on the exhaust

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread