!!HELP!! Custom Twin Turbo

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I need a little help. I'm cheaping out and trying to build my own twin turbo kit for my o3. Has any body else tried this on their own? If so maybe some one can guide me alittle (maybe pics). I'll take anything I can get, up til now all I've done is read the threads so I still fresh.

As of right now I have these parts:
Tubular k-member, a-arms, and coil overs
(2) t3/t4 Garrett 60s
A ton of 2.5 mandral bent piping ( the usaul bends and straights)
01 cobra lower and upper intake
01 alternator
Plus alot of little things

Thanks.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
oil cooler, oil cooler assembly, bigger injectors and pumps and -8 lines..mafia, depending on your preference.a BAP

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Why do you need a new oil cooler and assembly. I was just going to get a relocation kit or if I could find a small oil filter. Thanks

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I think it's a great idea. I'd suggest buying someones turbo headers (THP, HPP, etc), then doing the rest of the piping yourself. A lot of time and patience could pay off big in the end. Aside from the headers, it's all pretty simple stuff. Even on my setup, I can see where improvements can be made, and if I were to do it all over again, I'd be building the majority of it myself.

As for the reference to the oil cooler, the coolant outlet that goes to the thermostat housing is in completely different spots depending on whether it's the 99-01 (outlet above filter) or 03-04 (outlet below filter). I guess it could be considered the inlet. Either way it presents somewhat of a challenge to run several hot exhaust pipes through that area that's already cluttered with coolant hoses, ps hoses, and starter/ground cables.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Oh, and a short oil filter is Valvoline VO-47. It's almost an inch shorter than the Motorcraft FL-820-S. I have a pic of the two side by side if you want it.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I found this web site that I think I can get a set of turbo headers for around $600.00. They look alot better than any of the other brand and they face forward. The company is Turbocharged Innovations, the web site is www.turbochargedinnovations.com. I just talked to the guy that makes the headers and he said that they were designed around a stock k-member. So it only makes sense that they would fit any other aftermarket brand of k-member (hopefully). For the oil cooler I'm going to buy a part from Karcraft that replaces the hole assembly and buy a oil filter relocation kit along with an oil cooler mounted some where in the front. I hope everything goes well with the GMS K-Member I bought. I really wish I did'nt buy that load crap, to late now though. Thanks for your help and any other advise would be great.

Last edited:

Sharkster

Established Member
trying to fab this up with the minimal amount of room we have in the engine bays is going to be an absolute nightmare. Maybe fab something up around what hellion has done with the new hellraiser

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I found this web site that I think I can get a set of turbo headers for around $600.00. They look alot better than any of the other brand and they face forward. The company is Turbocharged Innovations, the web site is www.turbochargedinnovations.com. I just talked to the guy that makes the headers and he said that they were designed around a stock k-member. So it only makes sense that they would fit any other aftermarket brand of k-member (hopefully). For the oil cooler I'm going to buy a part from Karcraft that replaces the hole assembly and buy a oil filter relocation kit along with an oil cooler mounted some where in the front. I hope everything goes well with the GMS K-Member I bought. I really wish I did'nt buy that load crap, to late now though. Thanks for your help and any other advise would be great.
yes mike is my good friend who runs that shop. Thats where my turbo kit is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread