Help!!!Code U1262

flsnake

Established Member
Hello all.I have a 03 Terminator that sits alot.I love the car.This is my story.I noticed my car starting to crank slow.It had the original battery imagine that 10 year old battery.So i installed a new motorcraft battery.Car fired right up.About 2 weeks later i went to start the car and the theft light was flashing quick and the mileage was ------.After a few attempts the car started but the theft light was flashing slow.so i shut it off and restarted the car.All was normal for the rest of the day.Now one month later go to take the car out and the theft light is flashing and mileage ------.Cranks no start like last time.Eventually it started and i went driving.All of a sudden the car dies while driving theft light flashing mileage ------.It never died while driving ever.pushed car to gas station.Tried several times to start car.eventually car started and ran for about 30 seconds and dies.theft flashes mileage -----.I had the car flatbeded home.Got home tried the spare key it started right up and ran for five minutes until i put it back in garage.Today go to start it.Theft light flashes mileage -----.Pulled hec codes.U1262 and another traction control code.It seems to be getting worse.Has anybody had this happen?U1262 code no start crank only?I am getting frustrated.Also i tried to get into the ecm and had no communication while the theft light is flashing.It starts and runs when it wants to.The car does not have a chip in it.It was tuned with the old sct excalibrator if that makes a difference.Help Please.

flsnake

Established Member
The other code is u1043.I checked all the fuses in car and under hood.all good.I even tried to reflash the pcm back to factory and back to my tune via sct xcalibrator.I notice that when i first turn the key on the cooling fan runs for a few seconds also and i hear a click noise.

hotcobra03

Established Member
The other code is u1043.I checked all the fuses in car and under hood.all good.I even tried to reflash the pcm back to factory and back to my tune via sct xcalibrator.I notice that when i first turn the key on the cooling fan runs for a few seconds also and i hear a click noise.

On sct..find user manual...read note.

I recall it saying something about pulling fuse for fuel and fan before starting to install tune..

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
check and make sure there is not a loose connection with the large 26 pin connector on the passenger side under the hood. its located at the back of the passenger side engine bay close to the hood/firewall.

sounds like either a bad pcm or a short.

also check your grounds at the pcm on the passenger side kick panel. if there is not proper ground you can get this issue also.

flsnake

Established Member
Checked the connector.not loose.If the pcm is bad where can i get one or get mine repaired?Called dealer today.they said the pcm is no longer available.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I sold my extra PCM's to mps auto salvage. They are in Statham Georgia.

770-867-2644

Ask for Billy. Tell him brian with the black cobra sent you.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
U codes are communication errors, possibly from the battery install that is when they usually set or when the PCM is reprogrammed. I would try disconnecting the battery and let it sit for a few minutes and then hook it back up. Make sure the grounds are ok on the battery and terminals are tight and clean.

flsnake

Established Member
I tried that already.All the grounds at the battery are good also.I cannot get into the pcm either.has anybody had a ccrm go bad and cause the pcm not power up?

flsnake

Established Member
I think i have found the culprit.After reading wiring diagrams and doing some testing i found it to be the ccrm.I did not have power with the key on to fuses #2 and #8 in car.They should have power when the ccrm closes the pcm relay.So i bought a new one from the dealer and put it in.She fired up and i drove her around for the day.Perfect no more theft light blink or u1262 code.I took apart my old ccrm and tested the relays individually.i found 1 bad relay which i assume is the pcm relay.Thanks for the suggestions.hope this can help others who have some similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread