Help. Car dies right after starting.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I changed out my plugs with some TR6's (Same plug that was in the car already) and now every time I start the car it dies immediately unless I give it gas, then it will stay running. However it won't idle level. Once I bring up the RPMs (1500, 2000, 3000) then it runs flawless. Doesn't miss a beat. The old plugs were all gapped at 39ish and I gapped the new ones at 36. This couldn't be my problem, could it?

I am at a loss. The car ran perfect before changing the plugs. I checked everything that I touched while changing the plugs but everything looks good. Has anyone one else experienced this? Just looking for some possibilities, I am still new to this platform.

Thanks in advance.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Well thought I'd update here. Turns out that I'm an idiot. When I was putting the TB back on turns out that I put the gasket in backwards. Turned it around and started back up and ran perfect. Thanks for the help everyone.

MTBSully

Established Member
Well thought I'd update here. Turns out that I'm an idiot. When I was putting the TB back on turns out that I put the gasket in backwards. Turned it around and started back up and ran perfect. Thanks for the help everyone.

DOH! Told you it sounded like a vac leak. Glad you got it figured out:beer:

Avispa

Established Member
......guess now would be a good time to tell you about a Whipple conversion I did 5 years ago, with a 2.3 set up for a SBTB and I tried to use the stock TB. OOPS. Don't feel dumb...we all do stuff like that every so often. Just be glad no damage done to the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread