Help an old SVTPer out! :)

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Haven't been around much in the last few years, but if anyone wants to help an old timer out, I've been working with an organization and scene in the Over the Rhine area doing graphics and photos. They are trying to win a National Competition for 25,000 dollars. Have been helping these people out for the last year and the change from 10 years ago when this part of my city was for the most part destroyed with violence, and drugs to now being one of the biggest upcoming areas in the country. If you wanna see my pictures and what i've been up to check out my flickr page OTR 5k and Festival - a set on Flickr or Home

If anyone wants to know I was one of the Originals! If you could help by just clicking and voting once or twice with a few different emails it would help. If it wasn't for this foundation I wouldn't have even 1/10 the opprutunities I've had in the last few years, and money really is helping keep one of the most historic districts in the country intact. !

http://www.preservationnation.org/t...ommunity-challenge/places/over-the-rhine.html <-vote here

Pics from the flickr page http://www.flickr.com/groups/over-the-rhine/

More info http://www.preservationnation.org/t...dwest-region/over-the-rhine-neighborhood.html

Getting beat by a Theater in Wellington Texas? Any questions let me know, really have no clue how this little theater is winning but anyone has been in this area in the last 2-3 years knows the impact and change that has really helped the city and that region especially!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
When I moved to Ohio like 4 years ago I was warned to keep my white ass away from OTR...lol

Now that I live back in Fl I'll vote for it.

Ripper

Established Member
When I moved to Ohio like 4 years ago I was warned to keep my white ass away from OTR...lol

Now that I live back in Fl I'll vote for it.

:) kind of the same way my entire life. It's been quite the transformation. Present day it really does have the same energy of a bourban street. Remember when I was a kid we couldn't even go close to Washington Park because of the homeless that lived there, and being into music etc never even could go on field trips to Music Hall because of the crime. Homeless shanties right in front of one of the most amazing buildings in the midwest. Now that is all gone, and being moved out. It's an amazing area. Has gone from 100+ homicides to under 8 I think last year it's a remarkable story, and the local community groups are rabid about saving this part of the city. Why I try and help them out because when I was getting into graphics and design they were the ones that helped me get setup when no one else would even give me the time of day. Plus, it's the most amazing vibrant community i've ever been lucky enough to be around.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Sorry asked Travis before I posted this and just copy and pasted. Sorry!

No need to apologize, just sayin.

I have a buddy that lives in deer park. His cousin is in the process for Police Chief (if the process is still ongoing) He was acting Chief during the process.

Good luck to you guys cleaning that city up! :beer:

Ripper

Established Member
No need to apologize, just sayin.

I have a buddy that lives in deer park. His cousin is in the process for Police Chief (if the process is still ongoing) He was acting Chief during the process.

Good luck to you guys cleaning that city up! :beer:

Thanks! :beer:

James Whalen is the police chief now I believe, but they did crack down hard, and shows what Law Enforcement can do if they are given the help from the COMMUNITY and support of the mayor! Of course it just goes into other areas like South Avondale unfortunately which I wouldn't venture in there without a Platoon of marines.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Thanks! :beer:

James Whalen is the police chief now I believe, but they did crack down hard, and shows what Law Enforcement can do if they are given the help from the COMMUNITY and support of the mayor! Of course it just goes into other areas like South Avondale unfortunately which I wouldn't venture in there without a Platoon of marines.

Yeah, Whalen is my buddy's cousin. They could pass as twins. :lol1:

I just wasn't sure if they filled the position of Chief permanently yet.

I hear the City Manager is a pretty good guy as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
:) kind of the same way my entire life. It's been quite the transformation. Present day it really does have the same energy of a bourban street. Remember when I was a kid we couldn't even go close to Washington Park because of the homeless that lived there, and being into music etc never even could go on field trips to Music Hall because of the crime. Homeless shanties right in front of one of the most amazing buildings in the midwest. Now that is all gone, and being moved out. It's an amazing area. Has gone from 100+ homicides to under 8 I think last year it's a remarkable story, and the local community groups are rabid about saving this part of the city. Why I try and help them out because when I was getting into graphics and design they were the ones that helped me get setup when no one else would even give me the time of day. Plus, it's the most amazing vibrant community i've ever been lucky enough to be around.

That is a great story Nick. Sounds like that town could be a model for a lot of towns in this country. There are towns in CT that I hadn't visited since I was a kid and I can't believe the transformation, in a bad way. So there is indeed hope. Only problem, like you mentioned, is that the bad stuff just moves on to another town. Hope my vote helps.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

I drove through it once when I first moved up there during the day just to see. Lots of cool buildings.

Glad to see it's been taken over and corrected.

Ripper

Established Member
Tell all your friends lol.

Thanks for all the kind words. Virtual you probably wouldn't even recognize it nowadays!

Mary miss ya and glad to see your still around! Thanks for everything over the 10 years :)

Thanks again for the votes!

Users who are viewing this thread