Help! Advice! Random Vibration with new wheels and tires

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
So I just purchased wheels and tires for my 2017 F250. 20x9 fuel contra wheels with a +1 offset. BFGoodrich KO2 35”x12.50x20” tires E rated.

Here is the issue:

When driving down the road, it feels like one or more of the tires are flat spotted, and it doesn’t do it all of the time. I can be driving down the road at 70-75 mph with the cruise set and have a terrible vibration even through the steering wheel, then it will just go away and drive smooth. It didn’t do it with the stock wheels and tires. I had the tires rebalanced last week and that didn’t really help. I have checked the wheels to make sure that they weren’t loose a few times. Like I said, it isn’t consistent and it feels like it comes from the back of the truck but it is so random.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, tire pressure is set to recommended tire pressure of 60 psi front and 65 back tires per Ford listed tire pressure on the inside of the driver side door.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

beau t

Established Member
What year is the truck - - if its a newer truck i think 17 up they had a issue with death wobble - there is a thread somewhere on here about it not sure if its here or in the general section, anyhow did you get rid of your old rims and tires, may be worth swapping back to see if its truck related or wheels and tires. anyhow keep us posted as to what you find.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
What year is the truck - - if its a newer truck i think 17 up they had a issue with death wobble - there is a thread somewhere on here about it not sure if its here or in the general section, anyhow did you get rid of your old rims and tires, may be worth swapping back to see if its truck related or wheels and tires. anyhow keep us posted as to what you find.

That thread was started by me related to the death wobble. The issue I am having is definitely related to the new wheels and tires. I didn’t have the vibration I have with the old ones.

I have an email in to BF Goodrich as well.

Thanks for the reply too. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That thread was started by me related to the death wobble. The issue I am having is definitely related to the new wheels and tires. I didn’t have the vibration I have with the old ones.

I have an email in to BF Goodrich as well.

Thanks for the reply too. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much weight did each wheel take to balance?

Sent from my Potato

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Any update OP? Did you find the culprit?

All four tires were junk and were replaced under warranty. Michelin, who owns BFGoodrich told me they usually don’t honor their warranty when their tires are mounted on aftermarket wheels! I guess you just don’t tell them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This was a thread of interest to me today because I have a very mild vibration going on with my 2022 Genesis GV70. I can feel the vibration between 33-35mph. Nothing under or over that speed range. For some reason I didn't notice it yesterday, but that might be because my speeds were all 40mph and above for most of the drive time. Tire pressures are fine. I will probably take it to the dealer to check the wheel balancing. It the balancing is fine, then I'll be thinking tire defect.

Users who are viewing this thread