Help! A/C gremlin!

wtsn8ke

Established Member
A/C on my terminated 98 Cobra was blowing warm. Took 2 lbs of coolant and the machine the Indy shop had on it said no leaks? Drove home a half hour worked great! Next day I go for take out works great on the way there but on the way back...warm again. Oh shit, I figure it must have leaked out. Next morning I get in and it's cold again! Working great. Today I took a ride to a freindls. Working great on the way there. Stayed around 30 minutes. Get back in and.....no a/c! Warm again. Can anyone help me on what this intermittent issue might be? Thanks in advance

cbrown9064

Established Member
Wondering if you are still low on juice? I don't know a lot about AC but I had to remodel some lines with my blower install. Recharging the system every spring, as I must have a leak.

What I have found is you need the compressor running to recharge, but if not enough juice the low limit will kick in and the compressor won't run. So, you might be right on the edge of that low limit kicking in. Or it could be too much and you have a high limit.

Reheck pressures and add or remove to get correct. Could be a bad limit switch also. More diagnosing needed...

Users who are viewing this thread