HELP: 04 cobra m122 swap

evil04snake

Established Member
Ok heres my setup cobra engineering adapter kit, 2012 ported m122. 2.76 upper, 4lb lower, billetflow idlers, 80 siemen dekas, 40 amp bap, bbk longtubes, egr delete, pcv delete, 2010 super cobra jet mechanical throttle body, lysholm 5" intake with 123mm cobra jet slot maf.

heres my issue throttle body is brand new off the car functions perfec. On the car same. With the car running the tb sticks closed almost like vacuum is sucking it closed. It takes a lot to push the pedal down to get it un stuck. You cant feather the gas at all.

lucheski

Established Member
Ok heres my setup cobra engineering adapter kit, 2012 ported m122. 2.76 upper, 4lb lower, billetflow idlers, 80 siemen dekas, 40 amp bap, bbk longtubes, egr delete, pcv delete, 2010 super cobra jet mechanical throttle body, lysholm 5" intake with 123mm cobra jet slot maf.

heres my issue throttle body is brand new off the car functions perfec. On the car same. With the car running the tb sticks closed almost like vacuum is sucking it closed. It takes a lot to push the pedal down to get it un stuck. You cant feather the gas at all.

It sounds like there may be some interference, or it's catching on something.

1. Check under the hood to make sure there is no obvious interference with the TB movement.
2. Move the TB with your hand.
3. Disconnected the throttle cable and move the TB by hand.
4. Report back your findings. try to take a pic also

I ran this setup for 2 and 1/2 years. One of the best blower setups out there. For 550 - 620 whp.

based on my own testing 2.76/4lb is good for a single "hero" dyno run but creates a good bit more IATs. I would run a 2.76/2lb I wrote in detail about this in the M122 thread in modularfords.

evil04snake

Established Member
It sounds like there may be some interference, or it's catching on something.

1. Check under the hood to make sure there is no obvious interference with the TB movement.
2. Move the TB with your hand.
3. Disconnected the throttle cable and move the TB by hand.
4. Report back your findings. try to take a pic also

I ran this setup for 2 and 1/2 years. One of the best blower setups out there. For 550 - 620 whp.

based on my own testing 2.76/4lb is good for a single "hero" dyno run but creates a good bit more IATs. I would run a 2.76/2lb I wrote in detail about this in the M122 thread in modularfords.

Tried all that with the car off it functions a 100% normal. Its only when running like vacuum is holding the throttle blade closed and theres a little resistance when moving the throttle

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
My Accufab did the same thing when i put it on. Fine off the car but the same on. Mine just needed a little bit of smoothing out of the lip inside where the throttle body butterfly closes on the throttle body's body. It prob catching itself due to slight lack of clearance when it shuts and with vac its even harder to pull open. I would pull it off and see if you can see any places where the butterfly is rubbing the body on the inside. Dont foget to check the top and bottom. Hope that helps

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Wasn't there a thread floating around with the same issue and it ended up being the throttle blade was bending in the middle?

evil04snake

Established Member
Ok played with it today. With a vacuum the blade was getting sucked back enough just to drag on the tb so i adjusted it just so it didnt stick so thats solved. It idles at 2k though. On my sct tps voltage said 325 area so idk if thats good or bad plus car needs to be tuned. Should a tune fix the higher idle?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you adjusted it by moving the throttle stop then I'm gonna guess you opened the blade. If it's open far enough you won't be able to make any adjustments in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread