HELP: 03 Cobra 2.8 KB...Stock tune to pass emissions?

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Emission testing in my county has changed and they were able to see that my EGR was tuned out. I installed my EGR equipment again, but the local tuner is a month out on tuning. I can't wait that long to go back in for my emissions test unfortunately.

I'm wondering if I would be able to go back to my stock tune in the parking lot so my egr is working, have them pull into the bay, run the test, and park again without causing issues. I would put my current custom tune back on before driving home and then my tags wouldn't have to lapse in the time I'm waiting for my new tune.

Car details:

--2.8 Kenne bell tuned at approx 20 psi w/BAP
--60lb injectors
--Diablo Sport custom tune (not able to get in contact with previous tuner to have him fix it.)
--Accufab single plane TB
--Magnaflow catted x-pipe and cat back

What do you guys think? Will the car even run? If it will run am I going to get a bunch of other codes causing it to fail again? Am I just stuck letting the registration lapse until I can get my new tune?

Let me know of any other info you might need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I'm not so sure my MAF isn't stock still. From the receipts from the previous owner, it just says Diablo Sport mass air flow interface adapter... Is that an actual aftermarket MAF? I bought the car modded, so please forgive my ignorance.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
Sounds like its a mafia...you should be ok as long as you stay outta boost...ive ran my stock tune on my kb2.2 with 60lbers

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I think I might try it in my driveway to see what it actually does. Then go from there.

One more question. If I put my stock tune back on the car, does that erase the custom tune saved in the hand held? Do I need to export the custom tune to a laptop before I put the stock tune back on?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Won't you have to do a drive cycle in order to get everything to "ready" for emissions check?

Users who are viewing this thread