Helmet Store?

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
MD Helmet Store?

Fellow Marylander's,

Can you recommend a local performance shop where I could try-on & purchase an SA2000 certified helmet? I know my head size/fit measurements, but I'd rather not go mail-order/Internet & get into a potential order/return waste-of-time process. And for $200+ I want to know I'm getting a safe/comfortable fit.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Drew M

Established Member
It may be a little bit of a drive for you but OG Racing in Manassas has been a major supplier for the DC Region SCCA members for years. They are extremely helpful and have a lot of helmets in stock.

http://www.ogracing.com/

What are you planning on doing that requires an SA helmet? Sounds like some road racing? American Iron or A Sedan perhaps?

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
Drew,

Thank you for the consideration & info.
What I ended-up doing prior to your post was going to Speed Unlimited (Morningstar MD) where they had some G-Force M2000 (motorcycle) helmets in stock. They let me try them on for fit (I'm glad I did), and they ordered the SA2000 version for me ($249 + tax), drop shipping to my house, which I am awaiting.

As far as plans, on my last trip to 75-80 Raceway to run some 1/4's I was informed by the Tech I needed a helmet (NHRA sub 14-sec). I also want to keep my options open for autocross/road racing. I understand the Snell helmet certification standards are updated every few years (5?), and I wanted to be sure my investment would be to the most recent standards (thus 2000), so I would not need to buy another for awhile.

IP

Users who are viewing this thread