Hello!

flattrack53

Established Member
This thread is awesome. I will buy you a water since I got :burn: on my taxes and keep getting these awful taxes by Governor Martin Owe'Money

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Jason,

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I missed the debate. Why do you say that my GT500 is not SVT anymore? Did they install fake signed engine plaques? Why all the other misleading SVT badging too? :??:

After you read this full thread, what makes you think I am changing anything?

Ben

Ben, if you wanna go fast you can borrow my car anytime you want and that way your at least in a "cobra" Haha Jk as for "OW" meant Oxford white, svtforme38 and I now having matching cars! Well minus 200 or so hp. We call mine project "lil brother" I have a lot of catching up to do. I never made it to Tony's to drop off the wheels, had a family issue. But I would like to catch up with ya soon. Maybe early next week. My schedule sucks for the most part. :-( and AD1DAS- you drive your car the way you want to-- it's your car! Haha and welcome!

ad1das

Established Member
Whether i am an official "MACA" member, eventually, not at all, or otherwise... I am loving this crowd. Oh, and pm's work for me now... I didnt have to do anything to make it work, it just showed up.

Sincerely,
Your Resident Douche - Ed... lol

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Whether i am an official "MACA" member, eventually, not at all, or otherwise... I am loving this crowd. Oh, and pm's work for me now... I didnt have to do anything to make it work, it just showed up.

Sincerely,
Your Resident Douche - Ed... lol

LMFAO - Welcome to the crowd:beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow, interesting thread.

We decided from the very start that MACA would not have officers, but members would contribute in the way they wanted to the level they wanted. Most of the time, folks have stepped up and the club has been a nice success.

The inclusion of the GT500 debate was actually pretty low key. When they came out in the middle of 2006, there were snakes plastered all over them so that was good enough for us. Worked out well for me since I ended up getting one 4 years later!

On many occasions we have certainly allowed non-Cobras/Shelbys to participate in our events. There have been several events in the past that I organized, that were designated as Cobra only deals. Mainly more aggressive cruises. My feelings were that MACA is a Cobra club. There's a million Mustang clubs running around for non-Cobras. Never really understood why someone without a Cobra would want to be the odd guy out anyway. But this is totally up to the organizer of the event.

Off course, MACA members that sold their Cobras but wanted to stay involved with the club with a non-Cobra vehicle have always been welcomed. Most however, elect not to participate when they get out of the Cobra scene.

But one thing is for sure and that is MACA members have been pretty consistently mature and level headed and that standard should be maintained, especially when non- Cobras are involved in our events. The new Boss Mustangs are really nice/neat cars and I can't imagine someone tearing them up with craziness on the street. But to each his own there......as long as it's not at a MACA event!

MACA is arguably the largest, most active Cobra-only club in existence. The club is only as good as the efforts, attitudes, maturity and participation the membership. Been a great ride! Keep it rolling.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
This will be a great conversation piece on Sunday where we have 60 spots at the UMD Spring Meet. I hope to see a big MACA member turnout and MACA friends! For details, see the UMD Spring Meet thread.

MACA Cobras will park from left to right with friends filling in from right to left.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Jason,

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I missed the debate. Why do you say that my GT500 is not SVT anymore? Did they install fake signed engine plaques? Why all the other misleading SVT badging too? :??:

After you read this full thread, what makes you think I am changing anything?

Ben

Yes, the debate was a while ago and there were a couple here that did feel strongly that the gt500 should not be part of MACA. I can assure you I was not one of those. Ultimately that is my goal to own one. Sooner rather than later because I am awaiting a deposit any day in the mail for my car now. Although it is going to paying towards my student loan and working towards paying that off before I drop the money on a gt500. Hopefully I can find a deal on a 2013 like Dwight did on his 07.

But I think the others explained better about the gt500 and SVT. Forgive me for not being as clear.

In regards to changing, not saying you are, but it appeared from the OP and some other responses that he was welcomed into MACA. If so, that is why I said what I did if people want to change what was originally intended for MACA. I didn't mean anything by it, just wanted to put it out there if people wanted to change it. No harm, no foul.

Yeah I know exactly what he meant. I was being a smart ass. Hence the dancing banana.

And the once in, always in bit was why I mentioned having owned one before...because obviously, I've been without for a while now.

As for MACA only at events...I dunno, we've always had one or two guys that tagged along anyway. Dale, Brian, that fella driving the STI that came to a few events, etc. So there has been precedent as far back as 2007 or earlier where guys without cobra's would come out with us.

See dwights response. He did organize cobra only events. Not many because we are open to others hanging out, but there were a handful. No biggie.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
See dwights response. He did organize cobra only events. Not many because we are open to others hanging out, but there were a handful. No biggie.

Yeah I know..I remember. I was only pointing out that others have been welcome at the majority of gatherings, that's all.

Hard to believe this club has been around for as long as it has sometimes. It really doesn't seem like it was all that long ago I was playing catchup on cruises with my 03 vert.

Why Try

Established Member
In my opinion, not that my thoughts have any weight, but I think we should welcome any V-8 Mustang. Call them "Friends of MACA" or something like that. I think we should only gave a member number to Cobras, GT350s, and GT500s the cars with snakes on them. Most events we should welcome other Mustangs because they aren't our events. For events that are ours, dyno days, cruises, etc should be at the discretion of that events planner.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
In my opinion, not that my thoughts have any weight, but I think we should welcome any V-8 Mustang. Call them "Friends of MACA" or something like that. I think we should only gave a member number to Cobras, GT350s, and GT500s the cars with snakes on them. Most events we should welcome other Mustangs because they aren't our events. For events that are ours, dyno days, cruises, etc should be at the discretion of that events planner.

MACA Groupies?

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Wow, interesting thread.

But one thing is for sure and that is MACA members have been pretty consistently mature and level headed and that standard should be maintained, especially when non- Cobras are involved in our events. The new Boss Mustangs are really nice/neat cars and I can't imagine someone tearing them up with craziness on the street. But to each his own there......as long as it's not at a MACA event!

MACA is arguably the largest, most active Cobra-only club in existence. The club is only as good as the efforts, attitudes, maturity and participation the membership. Been a great ride! Keep it rolling.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread