• LPF

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • On3

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Looking to pickup a 15 GT Premium Auto with the intent to TT right away. Been reading forums and talking with owners to get as much knowledge and info as I can to find the best fit for me and my needs. I live in a place with a lot of potholes and asphalt heaves so ground clearance matters. This is not my daily driver but will be doing road trips, around town and track duty throughout the summers. Let's here your experiences and opinions.

Which Turbo system do you recommend?

Experiences with each?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Armageddon Turbo kit nuff said, but then again I have their 11-14 kit which has been so freaking awesome and I know Dave has made the S550 kit the best kit out there again! No fabbing, no retarded crap, no "modding" of the kit is required to support 1400+whp, no backpreasure issues, just off the shelf u have a kit that will make the power as long as u choose the proper sized Garret's for ur desired power levels and goals. If quality, efficient power production, fit, finish, longevity, performance are ur top marks for a turbo kit then look no further Daves got the kit!

I've seen LPF first hand as my friend has one, works pretty well on a stock motor making a bit of steam so far so good, a lil nervous on the oil less turbos but they are working so it is what it is.

I've heard Hellion is also a very good choice from my tuner.

ON3 for an S550... Not sure, haven't seen much of anything and the thing I seen was some guys test car for ON3 receiving a new motor & a KB 3.2 sooo what that's all about I'm not sure but until I've seen 15-20 other people using the S550 kits without issues I wouldn't touch them.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I have a Hellion twin 62 kit on my 15gt auto. I like the concept of shorter piping and keeping heat out of my engine bay, but not a fan of my turbos being exposed to dirt and water and never being able to see them, ever. My Hellion kit looks badass and flat out performs. I went 9.9's at 143mph on 20's in 90 degree heat/2000ft da yesterday, and put bus lengths on an On3 kit from a roll on the way home. All of the kits will perform, but if you want a guaranteed whoop ass setup then I can make things real easy for you....Hellion twin 62 kit from Beefcake for under $8000, Fore return style fuel system for $1300 (bap will work but not a fan), set of ID1000's for $975, and a tune from Ken Bjonnes for $500. BAM, you have a 9 second 140+mph car on a set of MT's!

Last edited:

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Armageddon Turbo kit nuff said, but then again I have their 11-14 kit which has been so freaking awesome and I know Dave has made the S550 kit the best kit out there again! No fabbing, no retarded crap, no "modding" of the kit is required to support 1400+whp, no backpreasure issues, just off the shelf u have a kit that will make the power as long as u choose the proper sized Garret's for ur desired power levels and goals. If quality, efficient power production, fit, finish, longevity, performance are ur top marks for a turbo kit then look no further Daves got the kit!

I've seen LPF first hand as my friend has one, works pretty well on a stock motor making a bit of steam so far so good, a lil nervous on the oil less turbos but they are working so it is what it is.

I've heard Hellion is also a very good choice from my tuner.

ON3 for an S550... Not sure, haven't seen much of anything and the thing I seen was some guys test car for ON3 receiving a new motor & a KB 3.2 sooo what that's all about I'm not sure but until I've seen 15-20 other people using the S550 kits without issues I wouldn't touch them.

Excellent thanks for all your input. I agree the Armageddon kit looks like the best overall but I just can't afford that kit. Being Canadian that would cost me $20,000 with exchange, duty and shipping so it's out of the equation.

I've heard good things about LPF except that lately the customer service is horrible, only because he is overwelmed with business and can't keep up. I would still have to get exhaust work done because it won't tie into the rest of exhaust without the shaped pipes and the last negative is he will not publish instructions with it apparently (scared someone will copy it for some reason). I kind of like the oil less system, less to go wrong, pump failing, leaks etc. I haven't heard too much about the on3 either. Hellion looks great! But the two detracting factors to me is the heat under the hood and piping that hangs down. Where I live there are quite abit of pot holes and frost heaves that could take it out.

I have a Hellion twin 62 kit on my 15gt auto. I like the concept of shorter piping and keeping heat out of my engine bay, but not a fan of my turbos being exposed to dirt and water and never being able to see them, ever. My Hellion kit looks badass and flat out performs. I went 9.9's at 143mph on 20's in 90 degree heat/2000ft da yesterday, and put bus lengths on an On3 kit from a roll on the way home. All of the kits will perform, but if you want a guaranteed whoop ass setup then I can make things real easy for you....Hellion twin 62 kit from Beefcake for under $8000, Fore return style fuel system for $1300 (bap will work but not a fan), set of ID1000's for $975, and a tune from Ken Bjonnes for $500. BAM, you have a 9 second 140+mph car on a set of MT's!

Great info thanks! From talking with different people with the low mounted turbos they don't seem to have a problem with any dirt and have had no issues driving in rain etc. Just don't park in a puddle bumper deep. Lol

I agree the Hellion looks bad ass but how to you find your IATs? Like I said, I'm scared of that pipe that hangs down, wish there was a way they could have built it to be tucked in. Yes everything you said with the fuel system and injectors are on the list!

dennisn

Established Member
I think the no instructions cuz worried about someone copying is a load of shit. Your charging 6000+ for a kit include instructions.

That said the Lpf kit has run some pretty good numbers. Install is a lot easier. I've installed both.

For me for the difference in money I'd buy the hellion but of course I'm a little biased towards what I own.

olaosunt

Established Member
I am the "some guy" who went from the on3 Kit to a KB.
I have also have a Hellion kit on my other 15.

My buddy who took the engine apart and installed my KB on my built motor thought the failure could be related to the scavenging pump but every other "turbo guy" I have spoken to doubts this .
my stock engine failed due oil starvation although the pump gears seems okay .
Power and high rpm were certainly a factor so don't really think it is fair to blame the kit

The kit made good power (820@14 psi ) and I felt the weight distribution compared to the Hellion car made it feel more nimble/balanced to drive .The 62 BB spooled quickly but just don't think I am a fan of the rubber band like torque curve of the turbo cars especially with a manual .
The kit "looked good " but I can't tell how well it would have held up long term since only had it on the car for a few thousand miles .I did not have to install the kit but as expected everything fit like a glove being the test car.
I did hate the piping that ran under the car from the turbos to the filter .

I went to a KB when I rebuilt the motor cause I missed having a PD blower car which I felt would be better suited for manual street/strip car.
I love my Hellion on my auto and have been 9.5@147 on 17 psi.I think the turbos are better suited to an auto car.
Car made 970 STD at 18-19 psi.
That car too has lost 2 motors since the Hellion (stock and alluminator ) and now has a sleeved 5.2 with GT 350 heads .
Just saying any Kit will make enough power to blow a stock engine or even built motor If the you don't get the fuel/tune right .

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the hellion is a proven package, and they have been at the forefront of the turbo game on the 11-14s and now the 15s.

hellion has the quickest turbo car out there. and currently the quickest street 15+ out there.

hit us up, we have some killer combos on the hellion system

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I think the no instructions cuz worried about someone copying is a load of shit. Your charging 6000+ for a kit include instructions.

That said the Lpf kit has run some pretty good numbers. Install is a lot easier. I've installed both.

For me for the difference in money I'd buy the hellion but of course I'm a little biased towards what I own.

Yes I'm calling BS too! Thanks for the info.

I am the "some guy" who went from the on3 Kit to a KB.
I have also have a Hellion kit on my other 15.

My buddy who took the engine apart and installed my KB on my built motor thought the failure could be related to the scavenging pump but every other "turbo guy" I have spoken to doubts this .
my stock engine failed due oil starvation although the pump gears seems okay .
Power and high rpm were certainly a factor so don't really think it is fair to blame the kit

The kit made good power (820@14 psi ) and I felt the weight distribution compared to the Hellion car made it feel more nimble/balanced to drive .The 62 BB spooled quickly but just don't think I am a fan of the rubber band like torque curve of the turbo cars especially with a manual .
The kit "looked good " but I can't tell how well it would have held up long term since only had it on the car for a few thousand miles .I did not have to install the kit but as expected everything fit like a glove being the test car.
I did hate the piping that ran under the car from the turbos to the filter .

I went to a KB when I rebuilt the motor cause I missed having a PD blower car which I felt would be better suited for manual street/strip car.
I love my Hellion on my auto and have been 9.5@147 on 17 psi.I think the turbos are better suited to an auto car.
Car made 970 STD at 18-19 psi.
That car too has lost 2 motors since the Hellion (stock and alluminator ) and now has a sleeved 5.2 with GT 350 heads .
Just saying any Kit will make enough power to blow a stock engine or even built motor If the you don't get the fuel/tune right .

Excellent, yes, I would only go turbo on an auto. thanks for the input. That sucks that you went through two engines, both were due to tune?

the hellion is a proven package, and they have been at the forefront of the turbo game on the 11-14s and now the 15s.

hellion has the quickest turbo car out there. and currently the quickest street 15+ out there.

hit us up, we have some killer combos on the hellion system

I totally believe that, but like I stated in the earlier post, I'm hesitant due to the heat under the hood and the pipe limiting ground clearance. I have to factor that into the decision.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we've had no issues with heat with the ones we have installed, we typically wrap all the piping really good, as per instructions

Users who are viewing this thread