Hellion twin turbo kit!!

PONY1

C/S 3187
Established Member
Nice going Alex! 635hp/585ft/lbs is sweet. Dude what exhaust are you running? Starting from the turbo manifolds?Did you step up to a full 3" system? By the looks of it there pulling the engine well past 7K. Notice how from 5500 to 7k its making 600+hp. Looks like 7k is a great shift point........

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Nice going Alex! 635hp/585ft/lbs is sweet. Dude what exhaust are you running? Starting from the turbo manifolds?Did you step up to a full 3" system? By the looks of it there pulling the engine well past 7K. Notice how from 5500 to 7k its making 600+hp. Looks like 7k is a great shift point........

Thanks man. Well from after the turbo's themselves the down pipes down to the factory 2 Bolt flange are 3". Then after that I'm running a 3" BBR ORX pipe, then stock OTA pipes but I had the factory resonators cut out and welded in 3" pipe then a basic straight through 3" hearthrob axle back. Pretty simple and pretty free flowing as you can tell.

You gotta love turbos and what they do on these motors which such low boost.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Car has been running really well since the tune on Saturday. Need to let some psi out of the tires on the higher boost. The TQ is insane now!

Torchy

Established Member
Nice numbers man! I'm waiting on my kit to come in the mail. Its crazy how similar our set-up's are going to be.

I really love that power falls off before 7000rpm. I am not going to pull mine past 7000 and I'm not sold on the boss intake either. There is a high correlation between people with high power engine failures and what rpm they rev their car to.

If my graph looks like this I'll probably set my rev limiter to 6800-6900.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Nice numbers man! I'm waiting on my kit to come in the mail. Its crazy how similar our set-up's are going to be.

I really love that power falls off before 7000rpm. I am not going to pull mine past 7000 and I'm not sold on the boss intake either. There is a high correlation between people with high power engine failures and what rpm they rev their car to.

If my graph looks like this I'll probably set my rev limiter to 6800-6900.

Yeah I hear you man. I shift mine at 7 k but have the limiter set higher because Chris(tuner) says he'd rather it rev a little higher then smack the limiter. Yeah I could still do the boss and it would probably take me to 650whp maybe but I'm very happy and the car is performing very well now. Chris kept asking me if I wanted to go higher with the boost but I was like I'm good. Lol

D.T.R

Established Member
Not sure why the power starts to fall off after 6700rpms though..
Is it the intake manifold hold you back?

Torchy

Established Member
Yeah I hear you man. I shift mine at 7 k but have the limiter set higher because Chris(tuner) says he'd rather it rev a little higher then smack the limiter. Yeah I could still do the boss and it would probably take me to 650whp maybe but I'm very happy and the car is performing very well now. Chris kept asking me if I wanted to go higher with the boost but I was like I'm good. Lol

Yeah man I hear ya. I don't want to be bouncing off the limiter either so that makes sense.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Not sure why the power starts to fall off after 6700rpms though..
Is it the intake manifold hold you back?

Yeah no matter what power you make the power is going to fall off at some point with the stock manifold. I've never seen a stock manifold carry power out past 7k. I wouldn't say it's holding me back lol. It kept making power almost all the way to redline.

D.T.R

Established Member
Yeah, it's not really a hold back, i just didn't think the power would start to fall before 7k rpms with the stock mani... while being turbo'd... but I guess i was wrong.

PONY1

C/S 3187
Established Member
Yeah, it's not really a hold back, i just didn't think the power would start to fall before 7k rpms with the stock mani... while being turbo'd... but I guess i was wrong.

See my thinking(dangerous I know) would be the engine acts exactly the same (dyno graphs) as a stock engine. Intake, cam, exhaust(freeflowing) is all the same so the engine being boosted would just raise everything. Not alter it.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
Has anyone did testing with a boss intake on a non boss car with this set up? Curious as to what gains there are too be bad and if power would continue past 6700pm. Loving this setup though. Torque is insane! Can't wait for track numbers.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
What muffler are you running coop? I tried reading through posts but didn't see it. I'm also on a iPhone... Lol

Just wondering if these JBA's will hurt the flow that much later on. If so, looks like I'll be swapping...

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
What muffler are you running coop? I tried reading through posts but didn't see it. I'm also on a iPhone... Lol

Just wondering if these JBA's will hurt the flow that much later on. If so, looks like I'll be swapping...

I'm running a straight through 3" hearthrob axle back lol. All I'm running is literally straight pipe from the turbos back. No mufflers here. Mufflers = kill power. Turbos are my mufflers anyways lol

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I guess I'll give it a whirl with the mufflers then pull them off and see what it does. Was thinking about a Whipple setup but after weighing the pros and cons, I'll keep it snail style... in the form of two

Users who are viewing this thread