Hellion twin turbo kit!!

PONY1

C/S 3187
Established Member
Really nice write up on install. I'm ordering my kit from JMS along with there bap and same controller. I really like the glove box placement, slick. Can adjustment to boost be done on the fly?, if so does the tune change or would it need to.

I know its soon to ask but how do like the reality of the kit installed now? Are you in it a lot more than before? Have you or can notice the kit with docile driving habits? And has the mileage suffered if any? Sorry for all the questions. I will have this kit installed by April.

Gregg

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Really nice write up on install. I'm ordering my kit from JMS along with there bap and same controller. I really like the glove box placement, slick. Can adjustment to boost be done on the fly?, if so does the tune change or would it need to.

I know its soon to ask but how do like the reality of the kit installed now? Are you in it a lot more than before? Have you or can notice the kit with docile driving habits? And has the mileage suffered if any? Sorry for all the questions. I will have this kit installed by April.

Gregg

Thanks!!

Yes boost can be adjusted on the fly. You just press the down arrow to go to each boost setting. As for changing maps I'm pretty sure it's based on one tune and what I mean by that is the tuner commands an A/F ratio of say 11.4 and the computer no matter what condition "boost level" the computer will put the car at 11.4 as long as the fuel system can support it.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member

Gregg
If I may hijack, Mine is an auto and 3" all the way back. I can drive the car where you cannot tell the kit is on at all. I can put it under a little bit of load to make some noise, but with normal driving, I can't hear the turbo's at all. I think the mileage will suffer because you will be "playing" so darn much. I am sure it is just fine under normal cruise conditions while out of boost.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Yes, they are pt6262 turbos.. But there are different housings. T3, t4, 5 bolt, v-band and also .63ar and .82ar... I know they are vband, but curious as to which AR they are

They're not 6262s, these turbos are 6266s ... the back housing is V-Band. Not sure on the exact AR of the back housings.

Torchy

Established Member
Thanks!!

Yes boost can be adjusted on the fly. You just press the down arrow to go to each boost setting. As for changing maps I'm pretty sure it's based on one tune and what I mean by that is the tuner commands an A/F ratio of say 11.4 and the computer no matter what condition "boost level" the computer will put the car at 11.4 as long as the fuel system can support it.

Yeah Chris at BBR told me that it's just one tune and the computer compensates for more boost. So it's a true power on the fly.

They're not 6262s, these turbos are 6266s ... the back housing is V-Band. Not sure on the exact AR of the back housings.

I thought they were 6266 as well.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
In a year or so when you get tired of not being able to put shit into the glovebox....

Be wiser than me, I moved mine from the GB to the cup holder. Realized within 48 hours that was a bad idea, then moved it up into the passenger-side vanity mirror. With a pretty slick fiberglass/alcantera wrap it looked almost like it belonged there.

lol, not saying you will for sure get annoyed with the placement, but I did when mine was there.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
In a year or so when you get tired of not being able to put shit into the glovebox....

Be wiser than me, I moved mine from the GB to the cup holder. Realized within 48 hours that was a bad idea, then moved it up into the passenger-side vanity mirror. With a pretty slick fiberglass/alcantera wrap it looked almost like it belonged there.

lol, not saying you will for sure get annoyed with the placement, but I did when mine was there.

Lol idk how I can't put anything in there. It's empty now as you can see in the pics but if i wanted to I could put stuff in my glove box. But this isn't my daily driver so nothing more then my insurance card and registration will be in there.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Lol idk how I can't put anything in there. It's empty now as you can see in the pics but if i wanted to I could put stuff in my glove box. But this isn't my daily driver so nothing more then my insurance card and registration will be in there.

I used to use mine a lot.. So /i was constantly banging into the BC.

Since it's not your DD and you may not use it, probably won't ever be an issue :beer:

PONY1

C/S 3187
Established Member
Do you guys mind answering some questions about the install? I've gotten the instructions from Hellion and have read it to familiarize myself with the car. Stuff like if I'm going to do it on my garage floor, just how high should I get the car? 18" or 24" inches? Any tips or tricks? I've already noted to just remove the alt. as mentioned.

PONY1

C/S 3187
Established Member
If I may hijack, Mine is an auto and 3" all the way back. I can drive the car where you cannot tell the kit is on at all. I can put it under a little bit of load to make some noise, but with normal driving, I can't hear the turbo's at all. I think the mileage will suffer because you will be "playing" so darn much. I am sure it is just fine under normal cruise conditions while out of boost.

I've started looking at exhaust, I have a set of Borla's S-type I plan on keeping but everything forward of that has to be changed out I'm figuring.
What pieces are you guys using?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Do you guys mind answering some questions about the install? I've gotten the instructions from Hellion and have read it to familiarize myself with the car. Stuff like if I'm going to do it on my garage floor, just how high should I get the car? 18" or 24" inches? Any tips or tricks? I've already noted to just remove the alt. as mentioned.

I'd say the higher the better more room to fit under car. A tip from me would be to drop the k member down to get manifolds on because that's how I did it. But the others on here did it without dropping it.

PONY1

C/S 3187
Established Member
Dropping the K member was another tip I jotted down, thx. Are you completely unbolting it or dropping it to within a few threads on unbolting? Jack supports it?
Also how are you lifting the engine? Jacking it or a engine lift?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Dropping the K member was another tip I jotted down, thx. Are you completely unbolting it or dropping it to within a few threads on unbolting? Jack supports it?
Also how are you lifting the engine? Jacking it or a engine lift?

No I completely unbolt it, but it stays held up towards the front of the car because of the suspension still being hooked up so the back just swings down and rests on the ground. I lift the engine by the bell housing of the trans with a jack and a peice of wood or some card board between the two.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Yeah Chris at BBR told me that it's just one tune and the computer compensates for more boost. So it's a true power on the fly.

I thought they were 6266 as well.

They only come in .64 and .82 if they are vband in/out. So most likely they are .82 housings.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Ok so quick update. Back on the dyno right now at BBR and at 7.2 psi I made
628whp almost 600lbs TQ.

41349C9E-8A28-4C1F-839F-651B90DF47DB-10786-00000572EBB879D2.jpg

7.5 psi is where I'm stopping. So I'll update in a bit.

SAE and standard are off by only a couple because of this air. The Rpm and MPH were identical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread