Hellion TT On The Dyno!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Since I do all my own tuning and tune on the street, I haven't had a chance to get the car on the dyno until the other day.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break anything and I didn't want to go over 650 RWHP with the stock motor so I pulled a few degrees of timing out and made 2 quick pulls just to see where I was at. I kept the revs down the first pull and stopped at 6500 just to check. Then made a pull to almost 7000.

This is on the wastegate spring pressure that is only supposed to be 5 psi. The boost was around 6 psi.

Anyway, I did everything myself in my garage on jack stands and tuned it on the street.

Info on the set up. Stock Motor, Stock 6R80 Auto, Stock Converter, Stock Gears. 3" O/R X and 3" Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back. ID1000's, Full Fore Fuel System, E85.

Here's a few pictures and videos.

[youtube_browser]44xJcUlmpoc[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]kBMXAEHLOFM[/youtube_browser]

11632573026_b2f8550feb_o.jpg

11629782374_3d580e6198_o.jpg

11629401615_b26e64eaed_o.jpg

11630177456_6500a2d323_o.jpg

11629633963_5909c25bc7_o.jpg

11630176316_6759fb6f7a_o.jpg

thegraystang

Established Member
lol im so used to dumped EWG's, yours is so quiet, Nice power though.

Im glad im not the only one who feels this way...turbo's with no EWG isnt exciting to me. Makes me miss the disi days...

Car looks sick tho OP! Which rear valance is that?

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I like that setup a lot! One of these days I am going to try my luck with a turbo. OP, have you experienced any issues with anything touching the sides of the engine bay during engine torque-over? It looks really tight in there.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Sweet numbers my man. I cant wait to get my nt05r's so that I can finish tuning mines. How is the grip with yours?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Very nice, that is a great looking car!
Thanks man. :beer:

Very nice!!!
Thank you. :beer:

Amazing! All that hard work shows nicely!
Thanks. It's nice to see it come together. :beer:

lol im so used to dumped EWG's, yours is so quiet, Nice power though.
Yeah, and I still think it should be quieter! LOL. Guess I'm old. :p

seems like low tq numbers but great power numbers for low boost
Yeah, I pulled a bunch of timing out so it would keep the stock motor alive until I sell it. I'm sure there's more to be had. Just wanted to see where it was st.

Nice numbers and your car looks great also.
Thanks. :beer:

Im glad im not the only one who feels this way...turbo's with no EWG isnt exciting to me. Makes me miss the disi days...

Car looks sick tho OP! Which rear valance is that?
Thanks. It's a CS.

Love everything you've done to the car...
Thanks man. :beer:

Congrats man :rockon:
Thanks. :beer:

I like that setup a lot! One of these days I am going to try my luck with a turbo. OP, have you experienced any issues with anything touching the sides of the engine bay during engine torque-over? It looks really tight in there.
It has not touched. I haven't had any issues.

congrats on #'s....but what does that dyno sheet trap ?
I'll tell you once the track opens back up. :thumbsup:

Sweet numbers my man. I cant wait to get my nt05r's so that I can finish tuning mines. How is the grip with yours?
Thanks. It holds pretty good. It can hook from 2nd on.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice job man. Satisfying when you can do all yourself ain't it?
Did TS get a new dyno? It looks like it moved
It is more satisfying. I believe it's the same dyno, they did move a few block from their old shop when they expanded.

RC-5.0

Established Member
It's amazing how clean the TT install looks. Very Nice.

What are the TF rims in your avatar?
RC

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Great setup! Beastly and beautifully done. Any stalling or idle issues in your setup? Also what's your gas mileage like around town?
No idle issues. I did have some stalling issues at first but Hellion helped me figure out the problem and it's perfect now! Mileage varies since I only drive it on weekends and get on it every time I drive it. It's not a daily driver and it's on E85. On the highway cruise I have seen around 18 MPG with the cruise set at 60 MPH.

Users who are viewing this thread