Hellion Single Turbo Kit

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
May consider selling my whipple 3.4 for this kit and switch to an auto. What the max HP/TQ this kit makes? Also, what stall speed do you guys use for this converter? How much maintenance withthat his kit?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The "kit" has no limit really. I mean the pipes can support well into the 1k range. The turbo is the limiting factor for the most part. Stall speed is based on a lot of information such as weight, trans, power band, cams and so on. When you switch to an auto you'll fill out a form that lists out all this information and the company will build a convertor for you. I'm not sure what you mean by maintenance? The kit is just pipes. The turbo uses oil form the engine so unless the lines or something fail then there isn't anymore maintenance than a blower.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
3" hot side plumbing is ideal. If it's 3" with smooth bends, it will support 1000-1200whp pretty easily.

Cold side wise, I'd look into a beefier intercooler, and possibly meth injection or e85 fuel. Really nice for turbo cars to cool iat's and keep the cold side cold.

On an efficient system, a well optioned/optimal 80mm turbo (ball bearings, oil/water cooled) can make about 900-950whp on 110+, or just about 1000-1033whp~ on e85. Cams, head, intake, compression, and many variables really make a difference. On all stock heads/cams/compression, 900whp would be hard to make on an 80, maybe 940~ on e85.

Op what are your goals for the car? If they are a streetable 1100-1200whp car, twins may be more broad banded power wise than a single.

If you go say 83-86 or even 90mm single, you'll get progressively into the 1050-125-1200whp capable range, based on cam, head, intake, and compression/displacement etc, but drivability with a big single isn't as good, but it can be pretty good depending on your fuel and tuning setup.

As you upgrade turbo size on a single, you'll need to consider supporting components like wastegate and blow off valve, cooling system, etc.

There are formula's for figuring out the various flows from discharge, exhaust, cooling etc of a turbo system, just like there are for sizing a blower belt, or speccing a heat exchanger.

The best place to get versed from my experience was theturboforum and various turbo related websites plus articles on yellow bullet, etc.

Good luck, and if you go for it, measure twice, cut once. On everything.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I have a mod fox 3100 pounds (03 cobra engine) return fuel, 105lb injectors, (2) 465lph e85 pumps, big fuel lines, head cooling mod! Will be using stock manifolds, stock heads and cams, 4r70, stall???????

Trying to get into the low 9s! Also have a motor that I'll be building with ported heads.

Users who are viewing this thread